User Experience Design Intern - Summer 2018
The UX Team touches all aspects of the company’s core product offering, as well as the corporate website, community, support portal, and product training. The work environment is fast-paced and challenging: Cyber-attacks get more sophisticated every day, nation-states are no longer on the sidelines, and the volume of data that security professionals must monitor is growing exponentially. This Internship gives you real-world experience in an industry that’s expected to double by 2020.
- Collaborate with the UX Team on research study design.
- Participate in study preparation and execution, including participant recruitment, preparation of required materials, facilitation, observation, etc.
- Work with the Team to interpret research findings and distill them into actionable product requirements.
- Support product requirements with high-quality UX artifacts (wireframes, mockups, findings documents, style guides, personas, etc.).
- Be an effective (and occasionally funny) participant in team discussions.
- A Junior majoring in Psychology, Information Science, Human Factors, or other related field.
- Strong knowledge of research methods.
- Familiarity with descriptive and inferential statistics.
- A general understanding of hardware, software, computer networks, the Internet, and the basic components of Information Technology.
- Knowledge of, or an aptitude for learning, the unique landscape of the software security industry.
- Strong written, verbal, and intangible communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.