Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
Working alongside our Director of Sales Enablement, the Technical Sales Enablement Manager will be an integral part of our organization in ramping and developing the technical side of our sales organization. This role is for someone who is passionate about helping our salesforce achieve success by managing a program that will keep our team knowledgeable on our product and capabilities. This is an opportunity to take ownership of training our Solutions Engineering and Customer Success team to become subject matter experts and solution consultants for our prospects and customer base.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong communication skills
What You'll Do
- Strategize and oversee the roadmap for technical training programs
- Collaborate with our Sales Onboarding Manager to build and execute the onboarding program for the new technical team members.
- Design and manage certifications for the Solutions Engineering and Customer Success team on the technical value of Nylas
- Assist with the technical side of competitive assessments and collateral (i.e. battlecards)
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Product Marketing and the Technical Sales team to guide and create content based on field requests.
- Be the subject matter expert on the technical components of the Nylas platform, which includes understanding the problems we solve, customer use cases and architecture of how Nylas will fit into our customer’s applications.
- Gather feedback from leaders of the Solutions Engineering and Customer Success team on a regular basis to understand their training needs and constantly improve existing training programs.
What You'll Bring
- 4-7 years of combined work experience in Sales Enablement with a technical focus and/or in a Sales/Solutions Engineering role.
- Prior experience working with APIs
- Experience in content creation, training and Enablement materials for a technical audience
- Ability to represent complex concepts into a curriculum with a strong sense of how sales professionals think, operate, and absorb training
- Experience with the Value Selling Sales Methodology is a bonus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing start-up environment
- Collaborative working style and experience working across a company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
$100,000 - $150,000 + equity
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.