Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible to drive the education and onboarding of Xero's prospective customers via inbound and outbound sales calls, online inquiries and support tickets to convert trial users to paying Xero customers.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional intelligence, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.
What you'll do
- Articulate the Xero value proposition in an industry context, demonstrating the need for Xero as a solution for their accounting and business needs
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner via phone and email from potential Xero customers
- Qualify direct customer leads by following the Xero Sales Process
- Record all activity and follow up within Salesforce and other sales enablement tools
- Ensure your Xero product knowledge is up to date at all times
- Foster and build genuine relationships of trust and loyalty between customers and Xero
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Effectively cope with change and ambiguity while being very adaptable to stay on task
- Have a strong desire to be the top performer, a leader in closing sales and resourceful in meeting goals
Success looks like
- Meeting or exceeding monthly targets on new clients signing up to Xero
- Meeting or exceeding weekly KPI measurements
- Keeping a healthy and clean pipeline in Salesforce
- A passion for people and emerging technologies designed for setting small businesses up for success
- A natural tendency towards finding the best solution for a customer
- Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Outstanding written, oral and time management skills with keen attention to detail and follow-up
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Ability to create quick, strong rapport with business owners
- Basic knowledge of accounting needs in regards to small business daily transactions is a plus
- 2+ years in sales, account management or customer success
- First hand experience managing a pipeline in Salesforce
Xero is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.