Senior Manager, Sales Development
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
· Funding and Growth:
We have received $235 million in funding to date. Investors include Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
As a Sr SDR Manager (or Director), you are responsible for growing, managing, mentoring and enabling our outbound Sales Development team in Denver, CO. You will be responsible for both people and process, overseeing a team of up to 10 Sales Development Representatives. A proven track record for managing Sales or Sales Development teams and managing toward quotas is required. You should also be eager to onboard, train, and hammer process intricacies home. Along with thinking about ways to improve the process as it is, you should be thinking about how to scale process long term, with rapid company growth.
You need to work cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing leadership and have an analytical mindset. In other words, you need to be able to find trends in sales data and take action proactively. You need to be able to communicate findings clearly with the leadership team and work with them on solutions. You should be comfortable exploring data for trends, answering questions with hard facts, and using data in day to day decision making.
- Manage Inbound and Outbound SDRs daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly activities via SFDC. (e.g., call time, connect rates etc.)
- Build and maintain a knowledge base to become an expert on Sumo Logic products, sales personas, and services.
- Report on weekly and monthly metrics
- Identify and communicate recommendations for improvement in the areas of efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with team to ensure a positive working relationship
- Provide daily leadership, development, and training to the team
- Assist with hiring, onboarding, and promoting SDR team members
- Create an accessible repository of weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics
- Work closely with Sales Ops & Biz Ops on creating standardized reports to track performance
- Identify processes & tools to help improve productivity & effectiveness of our organization
- Teach customer-centric engagement and value selling oriented qualification
- Educate the team on CRM utilization and best practices
- Work closely with the AE Team to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development efforts
- Work with Marketing and Sales to ensure efficient prospect/customer information exchange and hand-off
- Keep alignment doc up to date
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success
- Minimum 4-6 years experience leading a sales development team for a technical product or SaaS company.
- An established track record in managing, mentoring a growing team of SDRs is essential
- Deep understanding of leading through data analysis and metrics.
- A keen understanding of how to interpret data to drive better decision-making
- Strong leadership presence and tenure.
- A familiarity with SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models.
- Have referenceable creditability with Sales Vice Presidents and Directors
- A desire for operational rigor and excellence. You thrive to foster growth and evolve processes to accelerate success
- A customer-centric ethos.
- A knack for quickly deconstructing challenges, then prioritizing steps to tackle them.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in person or on the phone