Senior Business Development Manager at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Utilize data to win and negotiate partnerships with partners, garnering their support for direct integrations with Ibotta
- Develop and lead innovative presentations that educate our partners on Ibotta’s value proposition and partnership opportunities
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry
- Ensure that partnership development strategies align with the values, goals, and resources of the business
- Ensure retention and growth of existing partnerships through adept relationship management and education around new opportunities
- Collaborate with and grow aptitude of direct team members to ensure flawless implementation of partnership strategy
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams to ensure that our relationships with partners are driving expected results for our brand partners
- Lead and be accountable for all aspects of the partnership implementation, including marketing, technology, operations and analytics
- Identify and conduct financial modeling to evaluate and prioritize new partnership opportunities
- Contribute to broader strategy by proactively incorporating and addressing market feedback
What we are looking for:
- 4-6 years in a data driven business development role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience owning and working with deals, and articulating impact and opportunity of partnerships.
- Expert negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Great analytical skills: ability to measure the results of your work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Candidates do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment
- Desire to achieve excellence across the entire deal cycle (i.e., email outreach, cold calls, presentations, etc.)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO, or with the option of full-time remote, and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Expected total compensation for this role with on-target earnings is $106,000-$150,000. Base compensation range: $53,000-$75,000. Employees in this role are eligible for accelerators, which may increase the on-target earnings.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.