Sales Operations Analyst at Handshake
We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round. At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can - and will - do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Sales Operations Analyst reporting to the Senior Manager of Revenue Operations on the Employer side of the business. In this high visibility role you will support the acceleration of growth in partnership with Pre-Sales, Sales, Account Management and Customer Success. The right candidate will be able to influence and drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Finance and other operations teams.
This role will be responsible for managing the end to end process for enhancements across our Employer business. This includes managing strategic projects to improve productivity and efficiency of the Sales organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management, analytics, and sales strategy/processes. This person is curious, highly analytical and has a passion in telling a story with strong quantitative support. She/he will be responsible for delivering sales and customer data to identify growth drivers of the organization through thoughtful models, dashboards, and reporting packages. In addition, he/she will have broad experience with reporting tools and be obsessively detail oriented with a record of leading end-to-end analytical projects in a rapidly-changing environment.Your Role:
Work as a collaborative teammate to support sales, customer growth, and retention through data strategy, operational processes and reporting.
Partner closely with sales leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs to support strategic initiatives that drive growth. Examples include improvements in forecast accuracy and reporting, pipeline hygiene, and identifying value drivers of customer growth and retention.
Lead the development of new reporting and dashboards to analyze our sales and customer success effectiveness. Manage the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other business insights essential to the sales and customer success organization.
Evaluate and improve data quality, completeness, compliance, and cleanliness in Salesforce and other systems.
Focus on continuous improvement of existing processes and collaborate with Sales / Customer Success to create new processes with a focus on automation and acceleration of the business.
Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics)
1-3 years of experience in a highly analytical role or in a similar role at a fast-growing company
Ability to understand, manipulate and translate large data sets with high degree of independence
Ability to prioritize multiple projects and execute in a timely manner
Understanding of sales and/or customer success processes, roles and responsibilities
Advanced proficiency with Excel and experience with Salesforce, SQL and other Sales and Customer Success operations tools and eagerness to continue developing these skills
Strong project management, reporting, and communication skills
Strong problem solving, judgment and organizational skills
Thrive in a fast-paced environment and ability to ramp quickly to new projects/challenges
Proactive / Self-starter who is able execute with high-level guidance and minimal supervision
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Hub-based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Mental Health Assistance: You’ve got a lot on your mind, which can lead to less attention on your mental health. We’re here to help and support you every step of the way.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via so that you can gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, 401k and perks.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, and book clubs! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in-person.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more! Explore our comprehensive benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.