Sales Engineer at Greenhouse Software
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team!
As a creative, engaging, passionate (and compassionate) member of our Sales Engineering team, you will be instrumental in supporting the expected growth and complexities of attaining new business. A go-to product expert, you'll focus on optimizing our sales processes by driving meaningful moments for our prospective and active customers that highlight Greenhouse's mission to help every company be great at hiring.
There is a ton of opportunity to influence Revenue org and Sales Engineering processes, the product roadmap, partner with Marketing on new assets, and create operational rigor as we scale to over 45% growth in 2022. Sales Engineers are truly one of the most loved, respected, and dynamic members of our team here at Greenhouse -- if you thrive in an environment where your hour-to-hour is quite different every day, this could be the role for you.
- A creative problem solver – someone with a firm grasp on problem-solving not only with in-app solutions, but marches head-on into the unknown using our powerful developer tools and partner ecosystem (largest in the market)
- A human translator – you have a real passion for communicating complex concepts to stakeholders with different levels of technical understanding. You can craft a demonstration to your target audience with ease and navigate workflows while fielding questions from prospective buyers
- An ambassador – representing the Greenhouse brand & culture comes easy; you believe in our mission and your contributions to helping customers transform their hiring processes radiates
- A Partner – Our customers rely on you to suggest the products and services based on their organizational complexity; internal stakeholders rely on your expertise, energy, and confidence to help them close deals
- A natural coach – whether it's helping our prospects and customers understand new ways of thinking about their recruiting processes or helping to ramp new teammates, you lean into being the SME
- A standout colleague – you strive to contribute bigger-picture ideas to perfect our sales recipe, elevating the team as a whole, and prioritizes activities that impact our team, department, and company OKRs
- Be a technical subject-matter authority on all of our products and successfully support the Sales team in demonstrating platform value to prospects
- Be a strategic partner to the new business Account Executive team, removing technical blockers with urgency and jumping into current customer conversations when appropriate
- Help guide both prospects and customers towards the right products and services based on their business requirements
- Route process feedback to SE leadership to ensure that the entire team's time is spent on value-driven activities
- Perform solution architecting as a consultative seller when it comes to extending the Greenhouse Software platform
- Efficiently respond to RFPs/RFIs and security questionnaires as needed
- Provide insightful feedback from prospect conversations to Product and Engineering teams
- At least 2 years experience in technical pre-sales for a SaaS offering
- Superb presentation skills, both virtually and in-person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of web technologies
- Strong expertise in APIs and integrations
- Experience in the recruiting or HR industry, a plus
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, tell us in your cover letter why you’d be a great fit for this role
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $120,000 - $140,000
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**