Sales Development Representative
Marketo is truly at the forefront of the dynamic and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.Job Description
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world’s leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.The Opportunity:
Becoming a Sales Development Representative is the first step to a rewarding and lucrative career in software sales. Marketo is welcoming driven individuals who are recent college graduates, or looking to make a career change! As an Entry-level Sales Representative, you will have the opportunity to learn about the industry, and set the foundation for career advancement. Take your first step by applying online today!
What will you do?
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate AE, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Successfully handle and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop productive relationships with prospects
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
Is this you?
- Self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with marketing automation space a plus.
- Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time and territory management
- Consistent track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; phenomenal teammate
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- The highest level of integrity
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
- 4-year College degree or equivalent experience required
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.