Sales Development Representative at Red Canary
What You'll Do - Prospecting
- Red Canary has four core values: Do what’s right for the customer, Be relentless, Deliver quality, and Be authentic. As you prospect, the values of Be Relentless and Deliver Quality will be critical to your success.
- Key Metric: Create eight opportunities for your account executive team per month
- Guiding Value: Be relentless
- Practice exceptional time management; your calendar will reflect the activities that have the most value and correlation to finding eight opportunities for your account executives
- Be relentless in your pursuit to connect with prospects; use creative research and contact techniques
- Identify prospect needs by leveraging key contacts within an organization
What You'll Do - Lead Qualification
- As you qualify leads, the values of Do what’s right for the customer and Be authentic will be critical to your success.
- Key Metric: Deliver 6 sales accepted opportunities
- Be committed to long term customer success; adept at building trust and establishing credibility
- Commit to developing leads into prospects by understanding their challenges, needs and effectively communicating value
- Ask great questions and give your undivided attention
- Build relationships with prospects to help align offerings to their business needs
- Qualify opportunities to ensure you are focusing your efforts on prospects that 1) our solutions can help the most and 2) provide enough revenue upside to be the best investment of your time.
- Develop leads into prospects by understanding their challenges/needs and effectively communicating value
What You'll Bring
- If you have experience in an outbound prospecting role that would be great, but it isn't required. We have had great success with people with related backgrounds in recruiting, marketing, or as an account executive in services who want to transition to a SaaS software sales role
- Business Acumen: Ability to quickly learn and understand the buyer persona, industry, use case and business challenges for the market segment and product you are assigned to
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills
- At ease interacting with Directors, VPs, and C-level prospects
- Proven follow-up and time management skills
- Results oriented, capable of bringing prospects to the next step in the sales process
- Experience with the security industry or technology is a big plus, but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SalesLoft is a plus
- Energized by outbound prospecting
- Agile learner who is creative in their approach and undaunted when they need to pivot
- Exceptional time management skills with laser focus on the activities that are of highest value
- Eager to learn world class sales practices and advance their career; open to coaching and feedback
- Driven to create lasting relationships with customers and know how to align business challenges with our solutions
- Transparent, humble, and hungry to collaborate with their team