IBM Technical Solutions Architect at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow is seeking a highly qualified Solutions Architect to support our client base in the Americas region.
This is an IBM software specific role. This person will provide lead efforts in partner recruitment, enablement, and technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities. This person will assist in the discovery, analysis, design, demonstration, and refinement of technology solutions. There is a technical emphasis on Software/SaaS offerings including Cloud, Hybrid, Local and Virtualized architectures. The successful candidate will develop general knowledge across all IT areas and may also assist in responding to customer proposals as required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Establish relationships with the Arrow Supplier teams, partners and customers in support of joint Sales, Marketing and Services team objectives and engages and leverages resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- This is an IBM products and services specific role
- Leverages knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively consult with customers.
- Train account teams on provisioning of simple materials lists.
- Executes technical sales calls as lead or team member depending on the situation.
- Configures and documents hardware, software, Cloud and service solutions to enable partner/customer needs and supplier objectives.
- Completes required presales documentation quickly, accurately, and completely.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- May perform a support role in Sales, Marketing and Services leadership meetings.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed supplier Technology solution and business case to partners, customers, prospects and Arrow management.
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of job associated hardware, software, virtual & cloud technologies and applications.
What We Are Looking For
- 4 year degree with 5 years of related experience preferred
- IBM Software experience required
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience of IBM Software/SaaS principles including current industry certification(s)
- Certification(s) in Cloud technologies (IBM Cloud preferred)
- Certification(s) or experience in OSX, Windows and Linux operating systems (RedHat preferred)
- Certification(s) or experience in virtualization technologies including containers
- Certification(s) or experience in scripting or programming language(s)
- Ability to present effectively in front of groups
- Ability to leverage social media
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!