Business Development Representative (BDR/PDR) at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
Your role in business development as a Partner Development Representative ("PDR") will be responsible for both inbound and outbound prospecting activities to recruit and educate prospective new partners in the accounting, bookkeeping and tax channels.
You will work closely with community-focused sales team to build pipelines, drive attendance to Xero partner events and online webinars, and schedule meetings and product demos. You will also manage in-system leads as well as engaging inbound leads from new partner applications, marketing campaigns and Xero hosted events and webinars.
The primary activities will be to gain an understanding of the partner's accounting/bookkeeping/tax practice and how Xero can assist them. You will actively promote the benefits of the Xero partner program and guide prospects to Xero events. Once you have successfully on-boarded a new partner, you will introduce them to their Account Manager.
What you'll do
- Build a sales pipeline through active research and qualifying activities with inbound and outbound leads
- Work closely with the partner sales team, to build prospect lists and schedule partner meetings
- Maintain top of funnel rolling lead target
- Expect to make a minimum of of 60% outbound calls
- Prospect and cold calling on prospective partners, following Xero's high-touch point cadence
- Drive attendance to Xero led events and webinars and ensure rapid follow up
- Articulate the Xero value proposition and Partner Program in an industry context and encourage accounting & bookkeeping partners to take the next step in the Xero journey
- Schedule qualified meetings & demos for in region sales teams
- Advise and promote Xero certification
- Ensure Xero product knowledge is up to date at all times
- Utilize sales tech stack including Salesforce, LinkedIn Navigator & Calendly
- Effectively cope with change and ambiguity
Success looks like
- Building a sales pipeline that's positioned for growth at Xero through active cold-calling
- Achieving or exceeding weekly and monthly KPIs for calls, emails, leads, qualified prospects and registrations for Xero led events & webinars
- Properly educating partners on Xero's platform and product suite via phone, encouraging them to take next steps and begin their Xero journey
- Scheduling meetings for in region sales teams
- Effectively manage pipeline of in-system leads
- Consistently meet 24 business hour SLA for outreach on all New Partner Applications and Trialists
- Effectively qualify inbound leads from new partner applications and trialists and successfully researching businesses to assess validity before scheduling a meeting or demo
- Properly educate partners on Xero's platform and product suite via phone, encouraging them to take next steps and begin their Xero journey
- Increase conversion rate of new partner applications to new active partners
What you'll bring with you - Critical Competencies
- Resilience & adaptability - Ability to successfully navigate a fast paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction, comfortable with risk or uncertainty
- Drive for results -Bias for action, high motivation, thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities, makes bold decision at the right time
- Customer focused - Serves as strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain symbiotic and long- lasting relationships with customers, anticipating needs and providing services that exceed expectations. Uses customer insights to drive and guide the development of new offerings
- Understand the buyer - Demonstrates understanding of buyer behavior; takes collaborative approach to solving problems and providing value in every interaction through the buying process
- Collaboration & teamwork - Focus on "we" over "me." Team-oriented, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts
What you'll bring with you - Experience
- 1+ years experience in a customer facing role
- Experience generating leads and building prospect lists
- Proven experience working with SMBs
- Desire to grow a career in sales
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced & changing environment
- Salesforce knowledge and experience preferred
What we value
- Challenge: Xeros dream big, lead and embrace change
- Beautiful: Xeros create experiences that people love
- Team: Xeros are great team players
- Ownership: Xeros deliver on our commitments
- Human: Xeros are authentic, inclusive and really care
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $45,000 - $65,000, commission potential, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary. In addition to base salary and long-term incentive, this position also has variable compensation/commission.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place..