Account Manager - govMeetings at Granicus LLC
At Granicus, we build technology for the people who are changing our world! We're passionate about driving citizen engagement and building a more accessible government. We live this through our government partnerships with local municipalities, state and federal agencies.
Our sales team is dynamic, driven to succeed and has a Challenger mindset. We are looking for a driven, resourceful and intellectually curious sales executive to join our team. This team member will focus on cross-selling within current clients in our local municipal market, leading the sales cycle from prospecting to shake-of-hand.
We're a leader in the government technology sector and have a diverse platform of SaaS solutions. What we do makes a difference and improve the quality of people's lives.
What You'll Do:
- Lead sales with a Challenger mindset
- Proactive client outreach to build awareness, teach and develop new sales opportunities
- Teach customers about market trends, challenges and issues they did not know existed, and share best practices to develop new sales opportunities
- Work to uncover customer goals, challenges and desired outcomes to understand their business and engineer creative solutions
- Continually working to develop and expand our current partnership(s); always working with our long-term future in mind
- Build and deliver engaging custom presentations to groups ranging from 1-20 people
- Cultivate relationships both horizontally and vertically through communications and conducting follow-up communications
- Develop comprehensive sales strategy and business plans to target key accounts, develop association partnership, and exceed sales goals
- Lead sales meetings via phone, live video/web, and in-person
- Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing, and solutions consultants to present a compelling case to prospects
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Manage all aspects sales in your territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Support management team in developing sales strategy
- Use Salesforce to track sales activity, notes and key sales information, manage opportunities thru stages of the sales process
- Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management, and peers
- Participate in selected industry activities, organizations/associations, and trade shows as needed
- Spend that majority of time meeting with, or preparing to meet with, outside clients.
- Present in person and virtually to C Level Leadership, support staff, City Council, and other personnel within Cities & Counties.
- Presentations can last 2-4 hours for multiple products within a platform of legislative management solutions
- Work with Sr. Level Finance and Business Unit owners to prioritize additional spend with Granicus vs. other technology projects.
Who You Are:
- You are confident, competitive, and driven
- You are goal-oriented and self-motivated; an entrepreneurial spirit
- You take initiative and willing to go the extra mile
- You are resourceful; okay with the unknown and capable of working to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties
- You are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others, including cross-functionally
- You have proven you can manage 30 or more active opportunities, encompassing one or more product solutions, resulting in winning 15 or more opportunities per year
- You are capable of leading sales ranging in size from $5k-$75k ARR
- You are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and opportunities
- You are exceptional at prospecting; proven ability and passion for leading prospecting activities, frequently breaking into new accounts
- You are empathetic; you can understand others and formulate potential solutions
- You possess exceptional communication skills; written, oral and with presentations
- You have proven success in software/SaaS/PaaS sales
- You have a consistent record of outperforming quota in previous sales position(s)
- You are comfortable working with C-level individuals
- You have 2+ years of progressive field sales experience
- You have the ability to identify inefficient processes and utilization of technology with current customers
- You have the ability to become an industry leader in which C Level Personnel seek your insight and guidance for efficient legislative process.
- You have the ability to navigate complex buying and decision making processes across multiple departments within cities and counties
- Experience working in the government sector is a plus
- Experience in marketing, communications, technology, consultative services is a plus
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.