Technical Project Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
As a TPM, you will be the main face of Uplight to our clients during active implementations and will be responsible for the overall project management of our programs. You will be the go-to resource for customers and internal stakeholders, providing insight on how our software works and what it can do. You will learn the software inside and out and will work with customers and developers to help grow our software in an environment with rapid deployments and constant innovation. As a TPM, you will own specific product(s) and partner with people from various business areas to drive an on-time, on-budget implementation.
To be successful, you’ll need to collaborate with both internal and external resources, including utility program staff and Uplight Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Executives. The right candidate needs to be adept and effective at cross-functional communication and coordination. Overall, we're looking for a TPM that will focus on launching programs for our utility partners. This person will be both in charge of client communication and internal project management surrounding a launch.
Our implementation team’s background includes technical project management and software implementation consulting. We hire proven stars in these fields, but we also make bets on promising up-and-comers that have shown massive success in other fields or academia.
What you will contribute:
- Act as a trusted advisor for our utility partners managing the execution of the product launches including planning, project management, and client engagement focusing on an on-time launch and a satisfied customer.
- Act as an internal point of contact for launches managing epic and ticket creation, tracking to deliverables, and tracking to promised timelines.
- Proactively communicate with customers via phone, email, telepathy, etc. to ensure effective and delightful user experiences.
- Seamlessly transition the account to the identified account/ client success manager as needed after launch.
Documentation and Process Improvement
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for launches, such as checklists, epics, onboarding documentation, and other templates to be more efficient in future launches.
- Ensure new features are completed as intended and free from significant bugs before being delivered to the client.
- Test new development and generally own user acceptance of new features.
- Usher new features through the entire development cycle and drive their success.
- Actively communicate with other squads to promote client needs and ensure delivery of work as outlined in scopes of work. Effectively communicate program status and health of project to clients.
- Monitor questions and develop upstream solutions to recurring problems.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission.
- 2 to 5 years of technical project management or enterprise software support.
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers across the country.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential.
- Vigorous written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone.
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.