Technical Project Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect – improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corporation, which enables and commits us to put our values into action.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
Our team helps our clients succeed by providing them with on-going reports and understanding of their data to inform business decisions. This in turn helps them deliver on energy savings commitments and achieve financial targets. We also contribute to the public sector by providing regulators, Attorneys General, and other government stakeholders with data that they rely on to make key decisions. We are a distributed team with three members in Seattle and two in Colorado.
As a TPM, you will be the main face of the Reporting team to our clients and internal stakeholders. You will be the go-to resource to provide insight on our available data, assess requests for custom and one-off reports, and define priority and timeline for our team's combined workstream. You will learn our platform inside and out and will work with customers and developers to help grow our collective data and reporting capabilities in an environment with rapid product updates and constant innovation. You will work with stakeholders from a broad array of areas, including accounting, customer success, marketing, engineering, and sales to name a few!
To be successful, you will need to balance empathy and communication with triage and prioritization. Our stakeholders see their individual corners of the world but don't see our whole workstream, so you will need to tell an effective story about why we are prioritizing or de-prioritizing specific initiatives. This means the right candidate needs to be adept and effective at cross-functional communication.
What you will contribute:
Represent the Team
- Define how we receive incoming requests from our broad array of stakeholders.
- Triage incoming requests, consulting with Data Analysts as appropriate in order to determine the request's size and scope.
- Gather requirements proactively so that we can anticipate upcoming work and plan accordingly.
- Document and champion policies around what we do and do not support.
- Act as a trusted advisor for our utility partners and manage their requests and expectations around data and reporting.
Manage our Reporting Program
- Act as an internal point of contact for long-term projects, managing epic and ticket creation, tracking deliverables, and updating and communicating promised timelines.
- Work with the team manager to proactively define internal projects that will allow us to increase our efficiency over time.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for product launches, including checklists, epics, onboarding documentation, and other templates to be more efficient in future launches.
- Gather feedback about the timeliness and accuracy of our reporting, and help us to define processes and projects that will ensure we are delivering the correct data at the correct time.
- Actively communicate with other squads to promote client needs and ensure delivery of work as outlined in scopes of work. Effectively communicate program status and health of projects to stakeholders.
Skill and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first. If you feel you might belong on our team, we invite you to apply even if your work history doesn't perfectly fit the criteria below.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 3-5 years of technical project management experience.
- Patience, empathy, and communication skills to interface with our many stakeholders and make sure they feel heard, even when we are saying "no" or "not yet" to their requests.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes.
- Comfort with delivering complex, constructive, and diplomatic messages.
- Experience working with external and internal customers to define their needs and turn them into actionable tasks.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential.
What Makes Working at Uplight Amazing
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause to help create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.