Technical Project Manager, ScrumMaster
Founded in 2004 as the principal source of music for DJs, Beatport today is the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs, producers, and their fans. The Beatport Store offers music in premium digital formats and provides unique music discovery tools created for and by DJs. Each week, Beatport's music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world's top electronic music artists.
We are looking for a driven and talented Technical Project Manager, ScrumMaster to join our team and help us build highly performant teams with a strong focus on producing quality software and services for our customers, leading the evolution in how people DJ. Ideal candidates have a strong background in Scrum, SDLC and technical project management in startup environments.
This is a high impact role, working directly with our engineering and development teams.
This role is located in Denver, Colorado and requires eligibility to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship. Applicants who are outside the Denver Metro area and ready to relocate are welcome to apply, but local candidates are preferred.
- Promote and implement Agile methodologies and principles across development teams and stakeholders, guiding the organization on Agile/Scrum practices.
- Serve as a Servant Leader removing impediments, coordinating with organizational resources to remove impediments, or guiding the team to remove impediments independently.
- Facilitate dialogue, decision making, conflict resolution and the delivery of committed work goals.
- Shadow senior level Project Managers, creating process improvements, scheduling resources, and ensuring requirements and delivery dates are clearly communicated.
- Work with our Denver, Los Angeles and Berlin teams; promoting collaborative and transparent communications between development teams, stakeholders, and product managers. Organize and report project progress to the Product Management team.
- Support our Product Owners with the grooming and maintaining of product backlogs and facilitate Scrum ceremonies.
- Support an atmosphere where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged; with an emphasis on problem-finding and problem-solving.
- Facilitate cross team metrics and feedback to support continuous improvement and organizational transparency.
- Drive release targets presenting progress and challenges to senior leadership using metrics and KPIs.
- Work closely with product managers and stakeholders on the status and details of each project including any cost and timing issues that may arise.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills determining solutions and options to resolve problems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading software development lifecycle projects from conception to delivery in an Agile environment.
- Experience with a diverse set of management practices (Scrum, Lean, DevOps, Waterfall)
- Experience with Agile best practices: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Paired Programing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; actively listening and showing respect for others opinions and ideas
- Ability to contribute as a member of the technical team, discussing and understanding technical subjects and advancing in technical areas as needed.
- Knowledge of or experience managing teams in: Mobile Applications; Website Development; API development;
- Experience with Agile Project Management Software like, JIRA, Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, Trello etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM or equivalent) preferred.
- A passion for dance music is a big plus
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat.
We offer a competitive compensation package, plenty of vacation days, VIP access to select music events, and monthly beatport.com credits to keep your library fresh. Beatport also provides an RTD EcoPass for all employees, allowing everyone to take advantage of the light rail station located directly behind our new office. We hire people who love what they do and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another and sharing empirical knowledge about our stack.
How to apply
Tell us about your involvement in dance music culture and why we should meet you. Please include your resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Beatport strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Beatport’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Beatport may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.