Tech Team Enablement Architect
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
Are you excited by the pace of change in technology – and the opportunity to learn constantly on the job? Are you effective at collaborating to solve problems - and connecting dots, people, and teams? And do you show up every day with a passion to be part of something great? Then we want to you to be part of Solutions Engineering team at NetApp!
As an individual contributor in NetApp’s Worldwide Tech Team Enablement Office, you will leverage your technical acumen, portfolio knowledge, industry awareness, and a customer + field centric approach to ensure that NetApp’s technical team is effectively driving adoption of NetApp’s portfolio of technologies. You will collaborate with globals systems engineering leadership, NetApp business units, and various cross-functional organizations to incubate and drive initiatives that will empower our global technical team to be more enabled, effective, and efficient.
If you are familiar with one of the following technology areas, then you’ll have a running start to interface with NetApp’s business units as part of your role:
• Cloud Data Services – and how to leverage them for business outcomes
• Building on-premise clouds on converged or hyperconverged infrastructure
• Architecting or operating infrastructure and data management solutions for enterprise applications
The following examples are characteristic of the team’s engagement and work product:
• Ongoing interlock with key individuals in assigned business unit to ensure the right messaging, minimum viable product, tools, collateral, and other tech team GTM enablers are in place to execute effectively on GTM goals.
• Involvement in product roadmap definition and communication to/through the field, including processes and communications related to portfolio changes
• Continuous improvement / enhancement of shared services for solutions engineering – by working with other organizations to meet demands of tech team (LabonDemand, SE tools, NetApp IT, etc).
• Rollout and evolution of SE specialist teams focused on key market opportunities
• Working with SE leaders and NetApp University to evolve the training and market readiness strategy and deliverables for the tech team – including coordination and execution of cross-BU and targeted field training opportunities (TechMasters, SE specialist tech summits). Alignment and execution with NetApp University on formal NetApp and 3rd party training / certification.
• Planning and cross-functional alignment for major technical events like Converge and/or Insight
• Evolution of SE skills tracking and reporting, SE job role descriptions, People Central goal management
• Represent tech team perspectives to NetApp business units, leaders, and other functional teams
The ideal individual for this role will exhibit the following characteristics:
• Creativity and thought leadership, along with autonomy in identifying and executing on efforts to positively impact the solutions engineering organization
• Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrixed organization to achieve outcomes – particularly to gain buy-in and drive progress related to initiatives / charter
• Understanding of NetApp portfolio including product positioning, solution applicability, and overall value proposition
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills - including presentation skills and ability to dialog with executive leadership
• 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills are imperative
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or another relevant academic discipline or equivalent experience is highly desired. A Graduate degree is preferred.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.