Sr. Technical Program Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
As our Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for outlining multi-generational project strategies aligned to deliver on expected outcomes. This role will require deep professional experience working across utility and energy industries. You will have a demonstrated record of successfully working with high-profile strategic customers to solve problems, are high-energy, and have a passion for the High Tech industry. You are at the forefront of industry trends, constantly seeking new ideas to bring to customers. We are looking for an expert at executing strategic plans. You are able to work closely with strategic customers to understand business problems and be able to work with Uplight’s product and technology teams to show how the customer’s problems can be solved. You consider yourself to be very adept at establishing and nurturing client relationships and are equally capable of applying those interpersonal skills to develop and maximize the talents of your team members. These skills enable you to thrive on a wide range of engagements that help your clients set and achieve their strategic and operational objectives.
What you will contribute:
- Connect the customer needs with technical and delivery teams at Uplight to ensure alignment
- Provide technical leadership to execution teams to meet the needs of clients; draw on industry best practices to inform recommendations
- Create and share thought leadership and cross-industry perspective with customers
- Initiate relationships and build trust with customers to raise Uplight’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner
- Partner with Uplight’s sales teams to ensure coordination across all of the product
- and engineering delivery teams
- Manage technical responses to RFPs and support business development efforts.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience consulting for or working in the software industry
- Minimum of 5 years working in the Utility industry
- Minimum of 7 years of experience at a consulting firm
- Strong client communication skills
- A proven track record of delivery on complex and impactful client engagements
- Specific experience delivering programs in at least one of the following areas: platform implementations, Cloud transformation, and/or the execution of large-scale functional transformations.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $130,000 to $140,000 (dependent upon experience)
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity.