Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Works across Operations and Support to lead projects in the following areas:
- Serves as the primary point of contact with key customers for project implementations. This includes travel to client locations as required to ensure the success of the implementation and to achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Understands the business fundamentals, with the ability to interface with GHX senior leadership on assigned projects.
- Assists team members in completing customer defined deliverables and in producing key project artifacts to document the implementation.
- Leads and facilitates customer/project “kick off “session to review assumptions and customer expectations, gather requirements, educate customer on product and services, etc.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with stakeholders.
- Works as a liaison within the Consulting organization, and interfaces with the Service Delivery, Product Management and all Technology teams to ensure that proper scope, resource pools and key dependencies are being defined and developed.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle. Holds team members accountable to commitments.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and required tasks, providing early visibility to schedules/milestones that are at risk.
- Builds detailed project plans and schedules for products across all processes, independently managing day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects.
- Directs and coordinates activities for project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule. May directly manage and supervise more junior project management and coordination staff members.
- Maintains an overall program level risk and issue log. Facilitates risk mitigation and issue resolution across functional managers and sponsors to minimize impact to project schedule and client satisfaction. Escalates project risks impacting financials or customer experience with dexterity throughout the organization.
- Coordinates and facilitates communications with management and across teams.
- Possesses expert product knowledge of a large portfolio of GHX products enabling them to increase efficiency in delivery of products. Directly impacts the implementation process, delivering improvements, as a standard practice.
- Has the capability to organize and lead business requirements and design sessions with key stakeholders and technology team. Works in conjunction with customers to analyze, design, and develop requirements.
- Moves entire project team to best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Has strong command of the healthcare supply chain process and technology utilized to drive those processes.
- Identifies and facilitates opportunities for process improvement both in terms of technical implementation approaches as well as project management tools and processes.
- May assign and review the work of others on the team and may have supervisory responsibilities for more junior project management resources
- Leads the majority of team and client meetings
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information
- Provides supportive analysis that impacts the use of resources
- Has a PMP certification or other internationally recognized project management certification.
- Experience managing projects that are multi-threaded, including teams in excess of 10 team members, and representing greater than $1,000,000 in revenue or budget.
- Experience with GHX products or the processes for which GHX products provide solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 or more years of experience in project leadership roles.
- Direct experience in supply chain operations for either a supplier or provider in the healthcare industry.
- PMP Certification or other internationally recognized project management certification or accredited degree.
- 4 or more years of experience with software development, implementation or integration projects either in a leadership role or as a major team contributor. Must understand SDLC and have familiarity with Agile.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of software delivery, and has demonstrated experience in rapidly learning new technologies
- Advanced knowledge of project management methods and processes, including use of project management scheduling and collaboration tools, and demonstrated success in delivering complex project scope on time and within budget.
- Proven experience managing people, teams and client relationships.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task.
- Advanced MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Proven time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with demonstrated experience in delivering presentations to C-level leaders.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including experience in a customer-facing role.
- Solid analytical and qualitative reasoning skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment in complex situations and function independently with initiative, creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose project performance problems and execute effective corrective actions.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.