Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
As a Sr. Program Manager/Associate Director you will be responsible for bringing new IVD products through the product development process. You will orchestrate and lead collaborative planning to define and execute product development processes to support the Company’s commercial business goals. This role will have responsibility for managing program timelines, identifying key risks and mitigations, and facilitating execution of program goals. You will interact with other departments including R&D, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Global and Regional Marketing, Customer Support and Finance to ensure that products are successfully launched, and that timelines and performance objectives are met.
- Lead large, highly complex programs or collection of projects using experience to facilitate strategic decision making with minimal direction
- Ensure adherence governance models for use across organization
- Manage Program Managers within department
- Mentor project managers across the organization to provide clear requirements, support execution against deadlines, and facilitate prioritization
- Develop integrated program plans and project schedules using progressive elaboration:
- Responsible for overall program timelines
- Manage the 'big picture' and help to initiate early on long lead items
- Receive input from subject matter experts and line function project managers
- Facilitate efficient resource allocation within the program
- Provide actionable insights into the program status, progress, risks, and value
- Facilitate transparency and communication cross-functionally
- Champion best practices to ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects/programs/portfolios are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Document key decisions and facilitate information transfer both laterally and vertically for the program
- Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis
- Report, share and identify opportunities around program metrics and KPIs
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
- Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for planning and delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Support the implementation of standard project and business management processes and tools.
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Minimum of 7 years' Program/Project Management experience in the diagnostic or pharmaceutical industry.
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate team player.
- Demonstrates strong leadership potential with the ability to lead a cross-functional team (assay development, laboratory, clinical, software, etc.) through a complex development program.
- The ability to forge strong internal and external partnerships coupled with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with standard project management software and enterprise resourcing planning is ideal.
- Independent self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and project priorities and adjust as needed.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities.
- BS/MS/PhD preferred with relevant training in Chemistry, Manufacturing, and/or Biological Sciences or equivalent experience.
- Project management certification (PMP®, PRINCE2®) or equivalent experience is ideal
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $129,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.