Sr. Manager, Corporate Strategy
ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI) turns home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on us to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of our brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. We’ve established category-transforming products through brands such as HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands such as HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
As Sr. Manager, Corporate Strategy, you’ll be focused on solving complex business issues by reviewing our internal structure and organization, proposing changes to enhance business efficiency, and creating competitive benchmarks. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the executive team on some of the most impactful areas of the business. You will work cross-functionally across departments, be responsible for the rollout and ongoing strategy and execution of key initiatives and projects. This is the perfect role for an ambitious, analytical team-player who wants to develop as a leader in our organization. This position will report into the Vice President of Corporate Development and play a key role in the strategic direction of ANGI Homeservices.
- Build frameworks and develop strategic plans– Take a business objective or goal and break it into a cohesive plan – identify specific areas of opportunity through analysis, understand the drivers behind them, set metrics to focus on, and layout goals and milestones that will get us there.
- Structure actionable solutions – Take different drivers from a plan, develop action items and manage those items through to execution (this may involve working with internal teams like operations, sales, product or marketing, or external vendors).
- Drive and measure results – Analyze findings and results, measure impact, and remove any roadblocks with new actions or alterations that are necessary. A plan is only successful if it helps reach a business goal.
- Lead projects end-to-end – Our business is continuously innovating and evolving, so be prepared to pivot strategy and take on new challenges as needed. Act as a driving force behind critical strategic, operational and organizational initiatives.
Key Attributes Needed for Success
- Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours. Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple business partners.
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value.
- Clarity of thought – strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and build consensus / receive buy-in from Executive leadership.
- Team Oriented – Able to earn trust and influence and motivate without authority. Capable of leading others, working independently, and earning respect and credibility from Executives through knowledge, execution ability, inclusiveness, and effective communications.
- Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action.
- Resilient – independent problem solver with ability to overcome roadblocks or other obstacles and pursue and close complex deals.
- 5-7 years progressive experience related to management consulting, organizational development, finance and/or corporate strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence effectively across various departments
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Quick learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a related field; MBA strongly preferred
- Experience in the home services sector a plus
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.