Smart / Predictive Technical Writer
Alteryx, Inc. has an opening for a talented Technical Writer to join our Product Management team in Broomfield, CO. We are looking for a smart, energetic individual to create customer-facing documents explaining our suite of Alteryx products as well as the underlying technology. You will be responsible for all web and paper documentation, creating a style guide, and collaborating with engineers, product managers, and test automation personnel to gather data for the documents. Your major task will be to not only create content but also set up an environment where new documents can be quickly created and exposed to customers as well as delivering the documents online as new features get rolled out. The successful candidate will also be an expert at synthesizing technical information for maximum usefulness to enable our users to get the full value from our products quickly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with product management and engineering and create technical and user documents for Alteryx products.
* Establish documentation processes, set timelines and schedules, and work with various engineering teams to gather and organize content for each release.
* Gather and publish release notes.
* Create and storyboard the documentation sitemap and drive content creation for online customer-facing documentation.
* Read design documents, QA test plans, and MRDs/PRDs to determine appropriate presentation of content to technical and business users.
* Design and develop clear, concise, complete, and correct technical copy in a single sourcing environment using structured writing.
* Create and manage content for in-product tutorials and examples.
Skills and attributes:
* 5-8 years relevant work experience, preferably in a cloud based enterprise software company in the areas of technical marketing, product documentation, and technical writing.
* Exceptional copy writing skills and the ability to assimilate complex technologies and synthesize them into crisp documents.
* Web-based document writing skills and experience setting up and maintaining tutorials and online help.
* BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Journalism.
* Experience working for a SaaS analytics company a plus.
* Familiarity with databases and/or big data is a plus.