Senior Technical Project Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:33 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
As the Senior Technical Project Manager, you’ll be a member of the Project Management team within the Engineering organization that is responsible for sizing, planning, monitoring, and delivering software solutions. In this role you will manage a portfolio of software projects for our core insurance systems.
How You'll Do It
- Work closely with our Legal/Compliance, Underwriting, Finance, Analytics, Product and Engineering groups.
- Plan and monitor project execution using Agile methodologies.
- Lead sprint planning and facilitate Scrum ceremonies for multiple development teams.
- Plan and coordinate training, communication, and deployment activities.
- Track project issues to resolution; manage risks and remediation plans.
- Provide status on all assigned projects at the Portfolio and Executive levels.
- Build quarterly plans with the PMO for the entire Engineering organization.
- Identify and manage dependencies on other development teams and connected systems.
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams to pilot and enforce PMO processes and best practices.
The Right Stuff
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing enterprise software projects, both tactical and strategic, from idea through delivery.
- A Project Management or Scrum Master certification or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field. More consideration will be given to your professional experience.
- Experience in Change Management, Vendor Management, FinTech, InsurTech and/or the commercial insurance industry in general are preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based, message-based architectures, microservices and APIs is preferred.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Expert at building and maintaining relationships. You value and live by integrity.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and orchestrate a high number of concurrent initiatives and project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new product lines and apply proficiently in final work product.
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and evolving software platforms.
- The ability to thrive in a high-growth technology-focused organization.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to change quickly.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $131,000 - $143,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.