Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
A top performer in this team engages widely, is respectful, curious and encouraging / supportive. They will have strong empathy for others and a desire to help their colleagues get stuff done. They will be an excellent communicator with an ability to get people energized around initiatives and opportunities that are connected to our strategy. They will understand the importance of communicating simply but planning in detail. It is really important that the person in this role is a self starter - they will need to be comfortable with ambiguity and have a high “work it out” factor and be happy to roll up their sleeves and GSD.
This person is an extension of the Product team and sits at the intersection between Customer, Product and Go to Market teams (GTM) in the region, to conduct all the moving parts of the orchestra for perfect delivery of new product features and changes to our customers.
This role works alongside, Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement, Product Research, Regional GTM teams, Sales Enablement.
What you'll do
- Deliver projects on time and within budget, ensuring limited or no customer churn
- Delivering a positive Xero experience for customers (both external and internal)
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Must have SaaS Product / Product Delivery / Product Marketing experience ideally in a global matrix company environment
- Own project planning and updates for project meetings with support of the project sponsor
- Develop a detailed project plan (inclusive of risks / dependencies) to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Learn and understand the accounting landscape in the US and Canada, and leverage expert with deep knowledge
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors (where necessary)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Reporting regularly to senior stakeholders
Success looks like
- Projects delivered on time and within budget, as per KPIs agreed
- Planned commercial outcomes achieved
- Positive Xero experience delivered for customers (both external and internal)
- Effective working relationships across regional and global teams
- Project framework implemented to which all stakeholders adhere, with clarify on deliverables and ownership
What you’ll bring with you: Critical Competencies
- Accreditation to include PRINCE2, Agile or Scrum or other relevant experience
- Great communication and negotiating skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Team working and collaborative skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
What you'll bring with you: Experience
- Proven experience in leading the planning and implementation of complex projects in a SaaS environment
- Defining a project’s scope and goals
- Planning and scheduling project timelines
- Coordinating project staff
- Resource planning and allocation
- Carrying out risk assessment
- Managing project administration
- Meeting budgetary and timeline objectives
- Reporting regularly to senior stakeholders
- Tracking project performance
- Project evaluations and results
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.