Senior Planner at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform planning and production tasks, anticipate program needs, and expedite material and tool requirements for production, manufacturing, or assembly operations.
- Create work requests for standard or rapid prototype needs for manufacturing shops (ensure material is provided and deliver to shops when needed).
- Attend program meetings and provide weekly status and visibility of procurement and build cycle, ensuring shop orders are created and maintained within accurate need dates.
- Plan sequential manufacturing and assembly operations; may estimate and generate production schedules to accommodate the program master schedule.
- Create build plans/Schedule in support of assigned program(s).
- Provide continued information to update program schedules.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers, configuration requirements, and material tractability documentation.
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate program schedule impacts.
- Plan and coordinate tool requirements and cost estimates for production manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Review MRP Shop order date suggestions, in anticipation of program requirements to coordinate schedule changes when necessary.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing, materials, or operations experience in a business environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.96 - $35.10 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.