Senior Fraud Manager
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Imagine, build, and lead a world-class Financial Investigation Unit for an industry leading online lender.
As the Senior Fraud Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Act as leader of fraud detection and prevention strategies in a digital environment.
- Analyze fraud trends, identify process gaps, and implement effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
- Assist in modifying/building Fraud, AML/CTF, & OFAC systems, processes, and controls for the detection of suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Proactively detect and investigate possible suspicious activity related to fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing, escalate and prepare reports as appropriate
- Track, analyze and report on incidents of suspected money laundering, terrorist financing, and ID Theft to identify trends and enhance mitigation activities.
- Stay abreast of industry and external environment with respect to Fraud, AML/CTF, and OFAC best practices
- Leverage customer data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Lead and/or assist internal partners with compliance education/training efforts to ensure understanding of AML, OFAC, and current fraud trends and to ensure the proper controls are in place.
- Assist with oversight of timely and thorough completion of any regulatory, audit, or third-party action plans.
- Produce reporting and key performance indicators for senior management to understand current threats and performance.
- Coordinate issue resolution for all levels of escalated issues including those identified by internal stakeholders, customers, partners, and management.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of analysts with internal and external stakeholder satisfaction in mind, while simultaneously pursuing OnDeck’s goals and objectives.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Strong working knowledge of Risk Management principles
- Compliance and Fraud experience specific to the Banking and/or Lending industry in a digital environment
- Proven leadership experience within a compliance or financial investigation unit
- Prior experience building AML/CTF, Fraud, and OFAC detection and investigative processes
- The ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment due to the nature of the regulatory landscape
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience in statistical and data analysis.
- Accurint/Clear/TLO experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Office Learning & Development Training. Community Involvement.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**