Scrum Master at Havenly
At Havenly, we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home that they love. For as little as $79, we set you up with your own personal interior designer, matched exclusively to your style, who works with you to virtually to decorate your room.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join us, and work closely with our development teams in strengthening our Scrum and Kanban practices while bringing visibility to progress. Your role will be embedded within our Software Engineering and Design teams to help them become more efficient and predictable, and help us scale our processes as we grow. We are looking for coaches who will foster collaborative environments of continuous improvement. The ideal candidate is passionate about building software while motivating the best from team members. You will work with a wide range of team members and stakeholders across the organization from engineering to executive teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive agility on your teams, facilitating the timely delivery of products and initiatives which delight users and stakeholders alike.
- Work on assigned projects and provide project status reports to senior leadership and Executive management.
- Work with business units to document and improve processes and recommend re-solutions to improve productivity, increase revenue, reduce expenses, and enhance services.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to high performance, always looking for ways to improve velocity.
- Partner with product management and engineering to help create short- and longer-term roadmaps and release plans, bringing Agile project management expertise to team leadership.
- Work with product management and engineering to identify and track dependencies across the full lifecycle of product development.
- Help teams to optimize the flow of work by removing impediments, running effective retrospectives, collecting and sharing metrics, and cultivating a culture of continuous improvement.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a project or program manager
- 2+ years experience as a Scrum Master for software development teams
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of full lifecycle software development processes and procedures.
- A strong ability to communicate in and outside the team on process and technical issues with peers and with executive stakeholders.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience with a range of tools, and can learn to configure everything from an index card to JIRA integrations.
Who You Are:
- Communicative, facilitative, assertive, situationally aware, enthusiastic, continually improving, transparent, able to foster a cohesive team culture, and strive to empower your teams.
If this sounds like a great fit, we'd love to hear from you!