Scrum Manager at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Drive organizational adoption of Agile practices w hile partnering with product, marketing & operational teams to ensure organizational success.
- Be a change agent who helps set the vision, coach teams on design thinking, reenforce engineering/devops culture, and provide thought leadership on removing impediments to Agile success.
- Work closely and engaging with teams t o establish an environment that is motivating, entrepreneurial in nature and instill a sense of empowerment among the teams.
- Help teams navigate agile tools and software.
- Support Program Increment (PI) Planning and associated events for partner organizations.
- Drive continuous evolution of Scrum a nd Lean practices along with strategic initiatives aligned to an enterprise transformation roadmap.
- Act as a galvanizing force for implementing new ways of thinking and working while creating a culture focused on value delivery and continuous improvement.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity.
As a team leader:
- Recognize the importance of every human on your team and take personal responsibility to ensure each voice is heard and each person valued.
- Serve as an expert on scaling Agile development, embraces servant leadership, understands engineering practices and a cts as a role model for the team for Agile behaviors and mindsets
- Observation of interactions and reactions and, w ithout judgment, provide team members with a perspective they may not have noticed
- Challenge leadership to model the values a nd principles of Agile while coaching team members in best practices to consistently deliver customer value to their end users
- Partner with leaders to foster a culture of healthy and efficient teams that execute at a predictable and sustainable pace against clearly defined goals and outcomes
- Model and coach the facilitation of meetings and ceremonies, as well as the collaborative, dynamic planning process of prioritizing and estimating the work to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Identify and track all relevant data that informs leadership and product teams on the quality and predictability of our teams
- Encourage and support the personal development o f each individual and the development of teams
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Credentials you will bring:
- Proven experience with Scrum methods, implementing large-scale transformations
- Servant leader mentality
- Solid repertoire of coaching techniques
- Passion for communication, group dynamics and coaching
- A pragmatic approach to enacting change in individuals and groups
- Ability to engage relevant stakeholders across functions to mitigate team impediments
- Excellent written and oral communication, especially enabling visibility and transparency
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience