SAP Architect at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
The SAP Architect is responsible for the development and execution of GTM efforts related to the SAP ecosystem. Primary responsibilities include a strong focus on developing initiatives to drive high growth and incremental SAP-related revenue. Along with a team of business development managers and architects, you will actively engage with SAP’s sales and consulting teams, SAP consulting and delivery partners and global sales teams to build SAP solutions incorporating NetApp products and services for both global and enterprise accounts. Key areas of responsibility include SAP related offering development, sales enablement and opportunity support. You must be a self-starter, results-driven, partner-focused, highly motivated individual with a strong understanding of the IT market, proven success related to SAP, outstanding communication and relationship management skills in a high technology, dynamic environment.
Execute the NetApp strategy for growing SAP-related revenue through engagement with SAP delivery partners and global and enterprise direct account teams. Develop and execute plans for engaging with partners to identify opportunities where NetApp products and services create unique value for SAP service offerings. The SAP Architect significantly contributes to building and managing the strongest possible relationship with the assigned accounts and partners and their key technical influencers. The SAP Architect is responsible for contributing to NetApp’s overall global technical strategy within the SAP market focusing on the customers’ SAP related application requirements. The key to success is the ability to identify pain points related to SAP implementations and support and develop NetApp based solutions that address those customer issues.
As a member of NetApp’s SAP team, you will work closely with the Product Business Units, Marketing and Corporate Strategy to execute, and evangelize SAP on NetApp value messages in order to grow the NetApp share of wallet for SAP opportunities.
Primary tasks include:
• Support the SAP Pursuit Business Development Managers to grow NetApp’s revenue related to SAP deployments.
• Evangelize NetApp’s value-add to technical and business audiences at SAP, partners and customers.
• Educate sales, architects and consulting teams on the SAP market and NetApp’s unique value for SAP deployments.
• Work directly with partners and customers in pre-sales and occasional post-sales situations.
• Participate in the design, configuration and sizing of SAP solutions with partners and customers.
• Support development and prototyping efforts and conduct informal training sessions.
• Identify, qualify, prioritize and ultimately deliver partner-driven SAP offerings containing NetApp products and services.
• Engage with partner SAP alliance teams, practices and delivery teams to gain a deeper, richer understanding of their unique differentiation, their GTM strategy, and ultimately, how they make money from their customer offerings.
• Work closely with NetApp partner team leaders to shape and align offering development pursuits within the overall strategic framework of the partner engagement plans.
• Leverage NetApp Product Business Unit resources to enhance and accelerate offering development activities with key opportunities.
• Influence and co-develop internal business cases for prioritizing new product development.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be able to convey ideas and solutions at an Executive level in a clear, positive and concise manner using diplomacy and persuasive selling. Communication skills must include listening, presentation, and “live” demonstration skills. Must be able to develop professional business and technical presentations and deliver them to all levels within an organization. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across large virtual global teams.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical discipline. Advanced degree in Computer Science is highly desired.
Ten or more years’ experience in product, solution, and/or offering development in the electronics industry. Experience in working with large Global Accounts, Global Transformation Partners and Global Technology Partners is a must.
• A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
• 10+ years of experience in solution engineering and architecture including experience with a variety of partner types preferred (e.g. ISVs, Global SIs, boutiques and Regional SI’s).
• Broad knowledge of various SAP products and upgrade methodology.
• Experience in the implementation and/or support of SAP applications. Including change management tools, processes and techniques.
• Knowledge and direct skills related to the infrastructure design, implementation, testing and support of SAP applications.
• Experience in SAP data management and protection, SAP transport (object) management in support of application configuration and testing a must.
• Strong SAP Basis and process knowledge with infrastructure experience and implementation background, 5-8 years.
• SAP skills/expertise/experience working for SAP directly or with customer SAP environments.
• Proven experience with positioning and selling SAP service offerings.
• Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills (verbal, written). Ability to rapidly engage a diverse audience of internal / external stakeholders and build consensus.
• Strong project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other development teams and partner organizations is a must.
• Excellent business acumen with a strong ability to map business requirements to technical solutions.
• Compelling communication skills across a wide variety of mediums and situations – including written and verbal communication and in presentations spanning formal and informal, from small to large audience.
• Willingness to travel on as-needed basis globally.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.