Real Estate Project Manager at AMP Robotics
Real Estate Project Manager
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
The Real Estate Project Manager plays a vital role in our operational success of the secondary sortation facilities. Being able to support site selection, negotiation of favorable lease terms, support for securing local incentives, and timely permitting to ensure AMP’s highly scalable “own & operate” facilities. This role will also support longer term maintenance of the operating leases by driving operating costs down through better lease terms, lower common area expenses, real property tax reductions, and insurance cost out opportunities.
As our Real Estate Project Manager you will work to:
- Support site selection process to meet AMP tech and operational requirements
- Research, track, organize, and lead all zoning and permitting efforts to determine site viability, timeline, and approvals with local and state government bodies
- Manage external contractors and resources in support evaluating each facility and then bringing each online in a predictable and repeatable manner
- Work with AMP team and local/state economic development teams to research and capture incentives, where available
- Own AMP leases. Maintain an active database of key dates and responsibilities to ensure AMP is effectively communicating internally and externally with each landlord
The successful candidate will have:
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work independently, to interact with various departments and levels of management and to handle a large volume of work
- Must be able to timely respond to issues
- Review annual common area expenses, real property taxes, and insurance reconciliations and provide opportunities to reduce financial impact
- Support negotiations and conflict resolutions with landlords, and advise on any language changes needed to our lease terms
- Review miscellaneous charges billed by Landlords, including, but not limited to obtaining appropriate back-up, analyzing, disputing (as necessary), resolving disputes and requesting checks
- Work with the AMP finance department to ensure appropriate accruals are in place
- Assist with AMP tenant improvement allowance tracking/recovery
- Assist with AMP new facilities set-up, including site access, insurance and utilities
- Interface with AMP’s Operations team to ensure facility related actions are addressed timely
- Assist with the preparation of various reports, as necessary
- Manage various special projects
- Ability to use discretion to resolve problems without supervision
- Other actions as assigned by Manager
- Regular meetings with stakeholders to seek feedback and provide updates to Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial real estate with a national or regional retailer, handling lease administration including CAM, tax and insurance reconciliations, utilities, property management functions, database management, reporting and compliance preferred.
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets) and related computer proficiency required.
- Accounts payable experience preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
- Travel domestically up to 30%
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $96,000 to $120,000 depending on experience.
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical - The company covers up to 85% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Group Life, AD&D – 100% paid.
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid.
- Dental Insurance – 75% paid.
- Vision Insurance* - 75% paid.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provided through Cigna.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
- 401(k) retirement plan - (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.