We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a Project Manager in our Broomfield, CO or Irvine, CA office(s). This position is also remote friendly within the US.
Is this you?
- A problem solver, innovator, and dreamer who is searching for anything but business as usual.
- Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo.
- You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self.
- You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
- This position is NOT for just anyone.
- Fitting into a tight team of super smart problem solvers who can make good decisions without all the information you might want or even need.
- Our team exists to make the lives of our colleagues better by leading other teams through improvement projects which make Alteryx better.
Who you are working with:
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is an elite internal team who supports every team (our clients) within every department across the organization. We lead our clients through complex improvement projects. Our clients look to us to create solutions with them for their greatest problems on tight deadlines. You will have several clients at any given time, at several different stages which creates competing priorities that you must manage as flawlessly as possible.
What you offer us:
- A true partner on the EPMO team with the willingness to hold the EPMO as your “First Team’ and actively perpetuate our own unique culture.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Internalize, operationalize, and quickly own new concepts without breaking a sweat.
- A utility player who can flex and expand to what the project requires.
- A team player who can take direction and feedback.
What you DON’T offer:
- Analysis paralysis – needing all the information before moving forward.
- Unwilling to take calculated risks.
- A ‘lone wolf’ who prefers to work on their own.
- Believing you are the ‘genius’ who has all the answers.
- Needing lots of direction and supervision.
What we offer you:
- Cool authentic culture even during COVID.
- Support that only a great team can provide. We may be working apart but you are NEVER alone.
- TONS of amazing benefits: 100% company-paid medical, dental, visions that covers you, your family, AND YOUR PETS.
- Lots of paid time off and holidays for you to rejuvenate. If you need to know exactly how much before you apply, this job is NOT for you.
- Tuition reimbursement because we believe in lifelong learning.
- Collaborative office space with healthy food and drinks – which we look forward to enjoying post COVID.
- 401k matching and stock purchase plans which are important for your financial future.
- Fitness reimbursement.
- Paid volunteer time because ‘refilling yourself’ is important too.
What you will do day-to-day:
- Owns and leads further automation for improvement of our intake process.
- Manages internal cross functional relationships as well as external third-party vendors.
- Owns and executes the project(s) solution to completion.
- Predicts resources needed utilizing capacity model and manage resources in an effective, efficient manner.
- Develops and manages a detailed project plan.
- Provides project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders. about risks, status, and health of the project.
- Utilizes project management best practices throughout the entire project execution.
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions and process mapping initiatives with cross-functional project teams.
- Distills requirements and evaluates process maps to formulate gaps between existing and desired end state.
- Collaborates with the project stakeholders to identify potential solutions.
What you need to succeed:
- At least five years of project management experience, including software implementation experience.
- Without this, chances of your success go down quickly as you likely have not had the exposure to enough crazy situations this role requires.
- Intimate familiarity with process improvement and project management practices.
- Experience/ expertise in mapping business process; use of MS Visio or similar product.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skillset.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrate ability to lead cross-functional teams and work effectively in dynamic and fluid situations.
- Results-oriented expert for vendor selection and vendor management.
- Build successful partnerships with Subject Matter Experts as well as Business Owners to define the problem and best solution.
Highly Valued Additional Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet a plus.
- Demonstrated experience implementing change management strategies at the enterprise level or experience developing and implement change management plans.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days, 9 holidays, 3 floating holidays, and 20 hours volunteer time
- 100% paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness reimbursement annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
- Office events, catered lunches, and happy hours
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Irvine, CA is $86,000 to $142,000.00. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
- This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.