Project Manager- Sling TV at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager position is responsible for defining project scope, goals, and deliverables across all departments within Sling TV. Time management, project management, and effective communication will be essential skills for success in this role. This team is responsible for gathering requirements, vetting these requirements with the business and IT, and ensuring they are met. The Project Manager will engage with all levels of management ranging from developers to C-level executives.
Team responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Lead the planning and allocation of all new projects
- Define and clarify project scope including requirements
- Develop the project plan and the project schedule
- Process development, compliance and continued improvement
- Work with stakeholders to identify the proper project team and structure
- Ensure teams have a central repository to share files, documents, etc.
- Coordinate activities across different organizational functions
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies
- Monitor project progress
- Determine the cause of deviations from the plan and take corrective action to address deviations
- Create and distribute meeting notes, status updates, risks, etc. to stakeholders and project team members
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Project Manager will have the following:
- Work experience in project management
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree from four-year college or university
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with programmers, C-level executives, marketing managers, operations managers, IT management, software development, test teams, and infrastructure teams
- Flexible, innovative, and have the ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment while being personable and professional
- Work experience in tech organizations or with IT development a plus
- Agile Scrum or SAFe training/experience a plus