Project Manager I
Vertafore Professional Services Organization is looking for dynamic and passionate people to join our team! We are seeking a Project Manager (PM) with expertise in managing strategic client implementations. If you thrive at leading successful project implementations and have a passion for building strong client relationships, we want you to join our team! The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, planning, implementation, execution, monitoring and completion of multiple projects ensuring consistency with Vertafore's mission, strategy, values, commitments and goals.
You as the PM, are responsible to manage the project from beginning to end and will act as the liaison between customer and internal teams, you will communicate project deliverables at all levels, and make sure items are executed on time, to budget, with high quality.
The ideal qualifications of this candidate include previous experience/expertise in a) managing successful client-facing enterprise software implementations b) business process consulting, c) client relationship management– especially in dealing with challenging clients & situations, c) using project management software to manage all aspects of a client engagement.
The right candidate will thrive on making everyone around them better, enthusiastically meet goals, and are motivated by team accomplishment over individual accolades.
Who You Are
- You are highly organized and have proven ability to monitor project budget vs. actuals and can forecast project revenues and expenditures.
- You are a pro at scheduling and managing resources assigned to your projects and can manage the schedule of work for all phases.
- You are experienced at identifying & mitigating risk and clarifying and resolving issues
- You have demonstrated an ability to manage change in project scope including documenting and explaining implications of changes, so they are clearly understood and approved.
- You excel at setting and managing expectations internally with your team as well as externally to your customer to successfully deliver project.
- You are skilled at building professional executive status reports and other required project documentation.
- You have proven ability communicating with the customer to ensure progress is being made and concerns are managed promptly.
- You have a proven track record of building, developing and growing business relationships vital to the success of the project in person and remotely.
- You are experienced and can handle difficult and escalated situations with minimal leadership involvement.
- You have the talent and ability to proactively learn and understand Vertafore software and the mechanics of their implementation and deployment.
- You will grow and thrive at knowing the detailed task breakdown of your projects such as complex software implementation tasks and consulting deliverables.
- You will work tirelessly to provide outstanding project team leadership to achieve, schedule, budget and scope performance.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal, communication skills: demonstrated ability to present to groups, clients, and executives
- Independent Insurance industry experience is highly desirable
- 1+ years of customer facing project management experience (preferably within a software environment)
- Previous experience with technical support and troubleshooting is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- PMP certification (desired but not required)
- 10% throughout the year