At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Manager I - NPI
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and coordinate all operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Manage NPPD objectives and milestones.
- Work with NPI lead to provide feedback and lessons learned.
- Interfaces with Industrial Operations and NPI Work Cell Lead to identify requirements to execute programs, i.e. capital equipment and new facilities requirements.
- Collaborate with program execution disciplines to establish manufacturing systems.
- Act as liaison between program management, project team, functional management, and the customer.
- Prepare and communicate status reports.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to project operations.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Plan and execute all project closing activities: contract closure, compilation of lessons learned, and archiving of business artifacts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.