Project Manager I - Mission Assurance at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Project Manager I – Mission Systems Assurance Systems Electrical, Electronic & Electromechanical Parts
Directly support Mission Systems Assurance (MSA) Systems Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering team to establish the basis for independent technical evaluations of hardware architecture-, segment-, and system-level designs as it relates to the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of EEE parts across customer and program portfolios. Execute Parts Engineering projects related to program execution across Ball Aerospace’s programs, customer base, and engineering departments, from a Project Management perspective, supporting Parts, Materials, and Processes Control Board (PMPCB) for a large Prime Program. Work with the Mission Systems Assurance (MSA) Systems EEE (Electronic, Electrical, and Electromechanical) Parts Engineering team and Mission Assurance Managers (MAMs) to effectively manage parts engineering projects and execute for Ball, as well as increasing efficiencies for Systems EEE Parts Engineering processes. Support Parts Engineering requirements and recommendations across the company to support the establishment of standards and strive for consistency for current mission success and for future execution. Collect and organize information contractually required for each EEE part. Operate in multiple Ball Aerospace databases to locate information. This support will ensure that the systems level components have sufficient pedigree, such that mission success is achieved.
What You’ll Do:
- Systems EEE (Electronic, Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical) Parts projects will be part of larger bus and payload programs, and synchronization of the project with the Systems EEE Parts Engineers, Mission Assurance Managers (MAMs), and overall programs is essential.
- Act as a coordinator between Systems EEE Parts Engineering, Mission Assurance Management, program management, project / program team, Hardware Quality Engineers (HQEs) and M&P (Materials and Processes) Engineers, functional management, and the customer and / or subcontractor to execute project goals and milestones.
- Coordinate and track the details of large projects and data sets (organize large volumes of data).
- Coordinate data and information across functions, companies and with customers.
- Support and coordinate the evaluating and resolving project issues. Execute risk mitigation plans, including those that result from failures and deviations.
- Be responsible for compilation of data and archive of artifacts associated with Mission Assurance-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on assigned programs.
- Identify gaps, shortcomings, and inefficiencies of current processes, specifically related to subcontractors, and develop solutions for more enhanced program execution.
- Support establishing PCBs (Parts Control Board) and Parts, Materials, and Processes Control Board (PMPCB) processes and procedures for large Prime Programs.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to request agenda items and close actions resulting from weekly PCB and PMPCB meetings.
- Track approvals and work with SMEs to approve all non-standard items in a timely manner. This will require working with subcontractors to submit documentation and amend documentation to contain required information.
- Coordinate between MSA and Design Assurance (DA) EEE Parts Engineers for NSPAR (Non-Standard Part Approval Requests) assignments and tracking to completion.
- Gain an understanding of the drivers for EEE part component reliability and requirements.
- Support Proposal / Program Managers by executing proposal work to Mission Assurance functional disciplines as appropriate and working with management to coordinate Mission Assurance resources for awarded programs.
- Sustain projects and programs with varying levels of Systems EEE Parts Engineering information support.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and control the project team; in most cases, this will be customer and / or subcontractor program SharePoint and / or file sharing sites.
- Support establishing companywide EEE Parts policy and procedures to ensure appropriate requirements based on mission type and customer base.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to project operations.
- Utilize a highly intuitive aptitude to identify potential risk from early program decisions.
- Plan and execute all project closing activities: compilation of lessons learned and archiving of technical and business artifacts.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Write clear and concise reports.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Prepare and communicate status reports.
- Guide conversations with differing opinions to closure.
- Plan and conduct regular project meetings.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Positively train / educate / mentor junior MSA Systems EEE Parts Engineers and MSA Systems EEE PPMs.
- Assist other MSA Systems EEE Parts Engineers in completing their tasks.
- Utilize mathematical software tools.
- Generate new Excel ® Macros to meet Systems EEE Parts Engineering data organization.
- Query multiple Ball Aerospace databases.
- Efficiently learn new subjects / techniques / software, without, necessarily, the assistance of others.
- Interface with Systems EEE Parts Engineers, MAMs, Program Manager, functional management, subcontractors, and customers.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with Sector Leads, MAMs, Program Management, and other program team leads.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with MAMs, department Leads, Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers, as required. Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional teams with ability to fluently converse about each other’s domain of expertise.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while addressing stakeholder mission risks and concerns regarding Systems EEE Parts Engineering support through the application of a Systems Engineering perspective.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers and “manage-up.”
- Very strong organizational skills with an attention to all details.
- Good working knowledge of Excel. Ability to use formulas, be familiar with macros, and comfortable working with files containing 10,000+ entries and multiple pages.
- Familiarity and comfort with SharePoint. The ability to create and manage pages preferred. Workflow knowledge preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical parts (i.e. resistors, capacitors, microcircuits, et cetera).
- Familiarity with the names and basic values of electrical parts to spot incorrect values in a parts list.
- Knowledge of Ball Aerospace’s databases: Agile, ACTs, IFS, et cetera preferred.
- Ability to self-start and willingness to learn more technical areas and expand the role.
- A track record of highly collaborative working skills in a team environment.
- Demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and to exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.