Project Manager I - Knowledge Management at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Project Manager I - Knowledge Management
As a key contributor to the Ball Aerospace Security and Mission Assurance organization, this position will involve planning, designing and developing content, and coordination of Knowledge Management (KM) projects (to include training, information architectures, communications, job aids, performance support tools, etc.) for SMA business processes and systems. The individual in this position will work independently and effectively to engage with all levels of management and staff within the SMA organization to analyze training, Diversity and Inclusion, and KM needs, identify gaps and design projects to close those gaps. This individual will work within the knowledge management team and our marketing and communications liaison to develop the information architecture and communication strategies for successful deployment of KM projects.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee, coordinate, or lead various operational projects of varying levels of complexity across the organization
- Identify and lead knowledge management focused projects.
- Develop, synchronize, manage, document, and communicate individual project and integrated master program schedules.
- Plan and conduct regular project meetings as needed.
- In support of department growth, work with Operations and consult and partner with stakeholders, managers, subject-matter-experts, and SMA team members to assess needs and approaches.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of assigned KM projects: cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use to include internal and external reporting.
- Work with the Operations Team and SMA Leadership Team to manage KM projects that support the department's strategic plan.
- Ensure SMA learning and knowledge sharing materials are accessible, consistent, and compliant with policies, regulations, and business requirements.
- Ensure KM solutions are engaging and effective, by applying knowledge of human performance improvement, instructional systems design theory, adult learning theory, eLearning production, knowledge management, information architecture, image handling, video production, and/or work with the Marketing & Communications team for support.
- Develop metrics and evaluate feedback to continuously improve KM offerings.
- Collaborate and partner with the Talent & Organizational Development department to ensure consistency with corporate training strategy and procedures.
- Utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams in support of role execution.
- Share and grow knowledge; research trends and remain current with training in the KM and Learning & Development fields.
- Mature and deploy standard work and best practice playbooks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree or certificates in Education, Training, Learning and Development, Adult Learning, Human Performance Improvement, Knowledge Management preferred.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and application of its capabilities.
- Strong organization and coordination skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, influence, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards and initiative.
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Avid learner and actively seeks and implements feedback to continuously grow and develop self.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office to produce instructional documentation, presentations, and instructor/participant guides.
- Working knowledge of online learning software.
- Familiarity with assessment tools and surveys.
- Multimedia development experience including interactive learning objects, video, and voiceover production.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.