Project Manager - Business Partner (ADX-38-21)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
Many companies suffer from misaligned projects and lack of a systematic approach to align project management with business strategy execution. Projects are the basic building blocks of executing organizational strategy. This role is focused on the achievement of project management + business strategy alignment. Project Managers have the potential to significantly impact the success of the company through the projects collaboratively led with business partners. This role aligns ePMO Project Managers with a specific area of the company to connect project management with focused business strategy, partnership, understanding and execution.
This position partner with one of the Operations and Supply Chain, Software, RA/QA, Commercial, and Assay Development teams. The Business Partner Project Manager serves by:
- Developing expertise with their business partners to help deliver their most crucial projects, business improvements, business process excellence and automation to improve the team’s performance
- Providing project management leadership and expertise to enable the organization to meet business objectives
- Understanding and delivering business process excellence
- Building and prioritizing the ePMO-related roadmap related to that business function with the business line function they support
- Aligning long-term with the strategic roadmap for the business function and cross-functionally
What must be achieved:
- Alignment between the ePMO and business strategy, including strategic planning, project portfolio management, and project life cycle management.
- Projects are selected into the project portfolio to support the implementation of the business strategy (alignment at the strategic level).
- During the course of project execution, alignment with the business strategy is monitored. Information is fed back to business leaders to allow for adaptation of the business strategy and nurturing new, emergent ideas based on feedback (“emergent strategy”). The strategy improves as execution and feedback are available throughout the project.
- This individual will manage projects and apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements and achieve desired outcomes.
- The selected candidate will lead projects throughout the entire lifecycle of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closing using and Agile Methodology approach.
- The Project Manager will engage subject matter experts and functional leaders to develop integrated project plans, identify stakeholder requirements, and balance competing project constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risk.
- Address the needs, concerns, and expectations of all stakeholders through active and collaborative communication and prioritization
- Support project teams through the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/control, and closing of their projects by providing sound project management expertise and coaching
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and risks associated with timelines/deliverables clearly communicated to management
- Develop integrated project management plans and project schedules that may include technology and infrastructure evolution
- Document, manage key project risks, issues, decisions, actions and facilitate mitigation and solutions
- Prioritize team and physical resource allocations
- Manage all types of project change
- Learn and implement Organizational Change Management needs, how change impacts people, evolving competencies and training
- Ensure compliance and regulatory needs are met (specifically looking at managing PII and Payor information)
- Working with and the Program Manager/Business Architect, identify Source of Record for data, data flow and integration needs between systems that enable business process automation
- Identifies gaps, bottlenecks, manual processes/spreadsheets, and people doing one-offs
- Links business process with technology evolution
- Helps to identify business process maturation and training needs across teams
- Generate or integrate project specific metrics/reports and analyzing options and opportunities to optimize the project team’s productivity
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate team player
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities with the ability to lead a cross-functional team (assay development, laboratory, clinical, software, etc.) through a complex development program
- The ability to forge strong internal and external partnerships coupled with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with standard project management software and enterprise resourcing planning
- Independent self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and project priorities and adjust as needed
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities
- Excellent work planning and execution/delivery skills – includes problem solving, prioritization, and task-level influence skills
- Strong ability to communicate both at a detailed (e.g., task status, task management, task execution) level and management through executive level (e.g., high level summary verbal and written to sponsors of the planning and execution status)
- Must have experience operating at the individual project level for organizational project management
- Proven ability to coordinate multifaceted projects, including multitasking, deliverables management and timeline management
- Demonstrate ability to work within a commercial environment and influence with and without authority in a cross functional role
- Experience in diagnostic development or similar development paradigm
- Persistence and commitment to the team and being a part of fulfilling our business strategy
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- BS/MS/PhD preferred with relevant training in Chemistry, Manufacturing, and/or Biological Sciences or equivalent experience
- Project management certification (PMP®, PRINCE2®) or equivalent experience
Read Full Job Description