Project Manager Associate - Survivability & Strike - Survivable Apertures
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Project Manager Associate - Survivability & Strike - Survivable Apertures
The Associate Project Manager for the Survivability and Strike Survivable Apertures (herein referred to as SAS-Blue) business sector of the Tactical Solutions (TS) business unit will lead a variety of internal and external project oriented assignments for the SAS-Blue organization within Ball Aerospace. The TS business unit consists of tactical hardware/software solutions for government and prime contractor customers within the defense community. The SAS-Blue business sector provides survivable apertures to a variety of defense platforms. The successful candidate will have a strong background in planning, team building, project control and project-based management. Experience with project and bill-of-material pricing is highly desirable. Project experience in aerospace or another technology-based industry is essential. Experience with all aspects of program security is also essential.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a results-oriented self-starter to lead and integrate SAS-Blue operations and liaison with other Ball Aerospace Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and Strategic Support Units (SSUs) as well as the classified customer community.
- Assist the SAS-Blue sector manager and staff with all aspects of SAS-Blue operations, including proposal and rough-order-of-magnitude (ROM) management, staffing and forecasting, centralized coordination and integration of Special Programs, program security, classified infrastructures, and facilities within a SBU of Ball Aerospace.
- Proposal, ROM, and Opportunity Management:
- Lead, manage, and coordinate all aspects of the proposal and ROM process.
- Assist Advanced Systems Managers and Program Managers with entering SAS-Blue opportunities into Ball databases and making updates as necessary.
- Experience with cost/price estimating is required.
- Assist SAS-Blue program managers with all aspects of managing programs, when required.
- Customer Relationship Management:
- Proactively provide direct communications at appropriate leadership levels to key Customers and Ball Aerospace management.
- Manage, foster, and advance relationships with customer security personnel, US Government Program Security Officers (PSOs), and associated counterintelligence organizations within the community both at the national and local levels.
- Assist in coordinating SAS-Blue IRAD projects, including those that deal with restricted classified mission areas within TS and SAS-Blue.
- Maintain and monitor spend plans to meet program schedules and required submittals.
- As needed, author Monthly Status Reports for management review and submittal to customers.
- Continuous improvement mindset: willing and able to identify and implement process, infrastructure, and customer relationship management improvements. Coordinate customer contacts with key government and Industry.
- Provide leadership, initiative, and organizational problem-solving skills to focus and finish team tasks. Able to develop, track, and report status of all areas of responsibilities to internal and external customers. Ability to drive approvals of personnel and infrastructure through the established customer processes enabling successful execution and meeting customer requirements. Establish and maintain trust with customer community regarding program security and program protection processes.
- At the direction of the SAS-Blue sector manager or delegate, work with cross-functional organizations and teams; liaison between Business Units (management, new business team, program execution) and security team to set priorities within SAS-Blue based on business needs. Communicate status across stakeholders and drive actions to closure. Develop portfolio view of infrastructure vs. demand to ensure timely availability of infrastructure.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead highly motivated teams.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Working knowledge of Restricted Security program operations and execution within the DoD community, including experience in the implementation of security requirements from ICDs 705 and 503, the JAFAN series, JSIG, and the NISPOM.
- Knowledge/experience working on classified acquisition with critical customer base.
- Established relationships with key personnel within the customer community.
- Understanding of customer security requirements and ability to optimize implementation of those requirements.
- Leadership skills, including experience in structuring and leading a results-oriented organization with a proven record of achieving goals and expectations.
- Current Secret clearance is required, Top Secret preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,000 - $73,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.