Project Engineer at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
The Project Engineer will plan, organize, and manage technical projects from conception to completion to support the aircraft development program goals and objectives. This position reports to Aircraft Integration directorate management and will interface with all levels of management.Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage project risk and contingency plans, budget, deliverables, and project changes during aircraft development.
- Monitor and report project progress and status using program metrics (cost, schedule, weight).
- Identify process and product requirements defined by Subject Matter Experts and Regulations.
- Coordinate engineering efforts to complete the development of the engineering design.
- Coordinate assigned system activity to support design reviews and program development gates (SDR, PDR, CDR, EIS).
- Collaborate with multiple departments within and outside of engineering and Boom (engineering – all disciplines, manufacturing, procurement, finance, IT, supply chain, integrated operations, quality, contracts), customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Create, coordinate, and own the assigned system’s project plan (using planning tools, phased/gated approach), determine required deliverables and milestones, assign resources, and estimate tasks.
- Contribute to the development of project management tools and processes and share lessons learned to create a robust engineering management process.
- At least 10 years in Aerospace Engineering, preferably in an Airframe OEM environment.
- Experience with new aircraft prototype development and certification preferred.
- Experience with FAA Part 25 certification process preferred.
- Experience with managing projects from conceptual design through to certification preferred.
- Proven success working in a matrix environment.
- Interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present and explain complex material to a diverse audience.
- Team-oriented and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to drive resolution of complex technical problems as a team.
- Detail-oriented and self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast paced environment.
- Project management, process improvement, and documentation skills.
- Strong technical understanding of aircraft design.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly how teams and organizations operate.
- Leverage analysis of requirements to focus activities and testing.
- Utilize design skills to establish cost and weight efficient solutions.
- Proficient user of MS Project and Excel.
- Knowledge of Dassault 3dx, an ERP system, project planning tool are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Salary Range for this position is 115,000-$170,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Open PTO
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.