Project Engineer I - Electrical Solutions Test Operations at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Project Engineer I – Electrical Solutions Test Operations
The Test Systems and Cable Manufacturing (TSCM) Design team as part of the Electrical Solutions business unit is seeking a Project Engineer to manage the workload for Test Systems and Cable Manufacturing ESTE Engineer Design Team.
What You'll Do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with engineering peers and internal customers.
- Serve as liaison between multiple program internal customers and the TSCM Design Team in order to:
- Understand Scope of work for the design team to capture all deliverables.
- Maintain the established TSCM Task Tracker as it pertains to all deliverable due dates
- Coordinate with Production Planners who will be responsible for getting hardware built.
- Build project schedules when necessary and provide weekly or monthly status to program customers.
- Assist in the planning, monitoring, and control of project scope related to the development and delivery of Electrical Special Test Equipment (ESTE).
- Work with TSCM Manager on interpreting the incoming ESTE design workload to manage and fulfill WorkForce inputs related to engineering resources.
- Assist TSCM Manager with input to new program proposals by working with identified program resource and technology demands.
- Involved with Costing exercises of Ball built ESTE with respect to capital expenditure and program cost burden, including the improvement of developed ESTE costing models; serve as project manager of multiple projects simultaneously, each between $100,000 and > $1 Million.
- Get involved in trade study of "Make vs. Buy" of ESTE and evaluate the balance between cost and schedule risk involved in the development of electrical hardware.
- Provide low level property management of ESTE Capital Assets under Electrical Solutions Department ownership, including small inventory efforts
- Maintain the TSCM catalog of ESTE that is used to interface with internal program customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Aerospace Industry preferred.
- Working experience with types of Electrical Test Systems, such as rack systems and various types of test cables and break out box equipment (BoB).
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Electrical/Electronic Test Equipment and the components of Electrical Special Test Equipment (ESTE) or Ground Support Equipment (EGSE), such as: (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power supplies and oscilloscopes; PXIE; familiarity with supplier brands such as Agilent, Keysight, Test Equity, Tektronix, National Instruments).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up-to-speed on technical and management current efforts in progress.
- Experience in management of design & development tasks to successfully deliver hardware.
- Experience using project engineering tools/metrics to manage activity, including calculating Cost Performance Index (CPI).
- Experience in specifications, design and analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, verbal presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and successfully complete tasks within timeframes with basic direction from management.
- Experience with Schedule and Risk Management relating to available budget and schedule.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (such as: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- No security clearance is required to be consider for this role.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.