Program Manager at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore Professional Services Organization is looking for dynamic and passionate people to join our team! We are seeking a Program Manager with expertise in managing strategic client implementations. If you thrive at successfully driving a portfolio of project implementations and have a passion for building strong client relationships, we want you to join our team! The Program Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, planning (road mapping), execution, monitoring and completion of multiple projects within a customer program, ensuring strategic customer objectives are met and ensuring consistency with Vertafore's mission, strategy, values, commitments and goals.
As a Program Manager, you are responsible and accountable for the delivery of products and services to our largest and most strategic customers. You will act as the liaison between customer and internal teams, communicate program/project status at all levels, and make sure services are executed on time and to budget while ensuring outstanding client satisfaction and results. The ideal qualifications of this candidate include previous experience/expertise in a) managing successful client-facing enterprise software implementations at a program level b) business process consulting, c) client relationship management– especially in dealing with challenging clients & situations, d) driving and overseeing project teams to deliver all aspects of a client engagement.
The right candidate will thrive on making everyone around them better, enthusiastically meet goals, and are motivated by team accomplishment over individual accolades.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You are highly organized and have proven ability to monitor program budget vs. actuals and can forecast program revenues and expenditures.
· You have a proven track record of building, developing and growing business relationships vital to the success of the program, in person and remotely.
· You are experienced and can handle difficult and escalated situations with minimal leadership involvement.
· You have proven ability communicating with the customer to ensure progress is being made, risks are identified and managed promptly.
· You are a pro at scheduling and managing resources assigned to your projects and can manage the schedule of work for all phases.
· You have demonstrated an ability to manage changes in project scope including documenting and explaining implications of changes so they are clearly understood and approved.
· You excel at setting and managing expectations internally with your team as well as externally to your customer to successfully deliver project.
· You are skilled at building professional executive status reports and other required project documentation.
· You have the talent and ability to proactively learn and understand Vertafore software and the mechanics of their implementation and deployment.
· You will grow and thrive at knowing the detailed task breakdown of your projects such as complex software implementation tasks and consulting deliverables.
· You will work tirelessly to provide outstanding project team leadership to achieve schedule, budget and scope performance.
· Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills: demonstrated ability to present to groups, clients, and executives
· Independent Insurance industry experience is highly desirable
· At least 5+ years of customer facing program management experience (preferably within a software environment)
· Prior project management or consulting experience implementing business software is required
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· PMP or PMI Certification (desired but not required)
· You must be able to travel up to 10% throughout the year with possible weekend and evening activity as needed
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.