Program Manager at VIZIO
About the Team:
VIZIO is looking for a proactive and forward-thinking program manager to enhance existing operations and platform projects. In this hands-on role, you will help manage implementation efforts of our operations platforms and monitoring and lead project teams to ensure milestones and deadlines are met.
• You have knowledge of and existing work experience with structured software development life cycles.
• You have 3+ years relevant project manager experience.
• You have the ability to prioritize/reprioritize based on business needs; ability to manage emergency event and customer issues.
• You possess effective communication skills in working with a variety of technical and business personnel.
• You have prior structured software development experience.
• You possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• You have the ability/experience to communicate effectively with business and technical professionals.
• You are known for your attention to detail.
• You have demonstrated experience with project management tools.
What You Will Do:
• Direct and manage full life cycle project development activities of moderate to high complexity
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documentation. Estimate resources needed to achieve project goals. Anticipate and proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises; devise contingency plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Identify and resolve design/delivery issues and conflicts within project team.
• Track and report on project milestones and deliverables.
• Manage project expectations and communicate expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Distribute tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Define project success criteria and communicate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Provide ongoing liaison with project stakeholders.
• Develop and recommend best practices/tools for project execution and management.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $85,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.