Program Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Program Manager within its Marketplace Policy & Payments Partnerships team to own day-to-day partner management for Guild’s education benefit management and payments platform, one of the company’s fastest-growing and most vital business segments. The benefits management and payments platform is a highly cross-functional system, incorporating technology, payment strategy, policy and process to manage tuition benefits for thousands of Guild students. In this role you will develop strong relationships internally, with Guild’s new and existing Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners, and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the benefit management system across the Guild marketplace. You will develop an expertise in the workflows and needs of Guild and Guild’s partners, identify opportunities for process and policy improvements, and feed new value-creating solutions back to our internal teams, thereby enabling the support Guild students need to succeed in their academic programs.
As a Program Manager, Marketplace Policy & Payments Partnerships you will:
- Serve as the primary liaison for academic and employer partners on areas related to education benefit program & policy strategy and design, education benefits administration, and tuition facilitation, including systems improvements and troubleshooting
- Partner with our Marketplace Delivery, Technical Program Management, and Product Operations teams to onboard and launch new employer and academic partners into Guild’s benefits management platform, while ensuring contractual requirements are met
- Champion key process improvement projects that benefit Guild’s internal and external stakeholders, including conducting robust change management planning with documentation, communications, etc.
- Earn trust and increase partner satisfaction through data, insights, and solutions
- Collaborate with our data engineering, product, finance, and operating teams to brainstorm approaches and solutions for more scalable outcomes
- Partner with Client Success and Business Operations to help develop and refine short-term and long-term forecasts for budget reviews
- Deliver scalable solutions that drive enrollment, engagement and accuracy across the benefit administration system
- Ensure Guild and our partners have aligned expectations on benefits administration and customer service and that compliance expectations are fully met
In addition to working closely with other members of the Marketplace Policy and Payments Partnerships team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jonathan Crimins, Senior Director of Technical Program Management & Marketplace Delivery, Mae Podesta, SVP of Marketplace Operations and Payments Strategy, Jamie Masterson, Director of Product, Payments Platform, and Chandler Koglmeier, VP of Product, Learning Marketplace.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4-8 years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business or similarly related field
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Organization with a high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level progress and small details
- A structured, analytical, systems and process-oriented thinker who can simplify and present complex problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner, review existing products & processes, identify gaps and opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and debate issues to identify the best possible outcome
- Commitment to understanding technical matters outside own area of expertise
- Ability to take data-driven approach to partner management to increase satisfaction
- A plus would be experience in either the higher education industry (financial aid, higher ed regulations) or legal industry (tax, education, corporate, benefits)
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $95,000-$121,250 eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth