Program Director - National Defense SRS at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space systems that drive mission success. From space situational awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation’s greatest challenges.
Program Director – National Defense SRS
Manage a ground command, control and processing program for the Space Resilience and Survivability mission area of National Defense (ND) organization within Ball Aerospace. The SRS business consists of a wide variety of space-based hardware/software and ground solutions for Government and prime contractor customers within the US Government. Since this is a mission level effort, focusing on current execution and future capture, broad experience is required to be successful in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for overall program leadership, management, direction, and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW), and Technical Specifications.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets, and program schedules.
- Define, secure, organize, and direct staff, resources, standards, processes, procedures, and tools essential for the successful completion of a program.
- Provide sound leadership and team-building to motivate, influence, and effectively apply the program staff.
- Develop and practice good internal/external communication systems.
- Act as the main interface with the Customer on all program related subjects.
- Follow the program execution techniques developed at Ball.
- Lead pursuit of follow on and adjacent efforts to build additional backlog for this mission space.
- Train, mentor, coach and develop the program team, especially the software development team so that the team can expand and can execute multiple programs in the future.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Resolve conflicts, demands, and priorities on assigned program(s).
- Recognize, develop, and work to win the planned follow-on work, as well as potential increased scope and additional programs within the appropriate program Customer contacts.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Communicate program status to upper management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required. Provide strategy and tactics to complete existing work and win new work.
- Perform as the primary conduit to multiple related customers and stakeholders.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Related experience including design, integration, production, test, and management preferred.
- Expertise in space to ground system integration.
- Individual must have a proven record of delivering large-scale, high visibility TCPED systems.
- Proven ability to coordinate and author proposals.
- Proven ability to lead large software development teams through design, prototype, and delivery in both a classified and unclassified environment.
- Extensive experience in preparing and presenting cost and schedule metrics (EVMS) to upper management and to customers.
- Proven ability to lead an integrated, multi-functional team through life cycle milestone reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TRRs, PSRs) on multiple instrument and/or payload programs.
- A self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget, and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Experience in program and procurement management responsibilities for space instruments and similar systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Thorough understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, earned value, and communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office and software development environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Travel to customer locations, suppliers, launch sites, command and control facilities are occasionally required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $171,000 - $235,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- Subject to business and individual performance, and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in a long-term incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.