Product Delivery Program Manager
The Program Manager is an effective servant leader who optimizes processes across the entire software development organization to deliver high-value, large-scale programs and drive continuous improvement at the program level. They will act as the glue that binds together projects that span multiple technology and operational teams, ensuring they run efficiently and effectively, minimizing waste and risk. The role requires strong business acumen, leadership, and a solid grounding in agile software development practices.
Success in this role is dependent on an ability to drive to conclusions and actionable recommendations from incomplete data, as well as interact with and influence senior management. The ideal Program Manager will embody a unique blend of skill in strategic thinking, an eye for detail, artful communication, and the ability to simply get s**t done.
* Holistic Ownership - Simultaneously own a portfolio of up to 3-5 programs within an investment area. They will likely vary in size and be in various stages of development. The Program Manager drives them from inception to delivery with a focus on optimizing processes across the whole.
* Proactive Communications - Act as the primary communication liaison for each program, taking responsibility for effective and efficient flow of information, anticipating and resolving information gaps and ensuring all stakeholders are quickly and adequately informed of key developments. Escalate and manage impediments / issues and risks, pre-vet new risks & possible mitigations.
* Program Charters / Agreements – For each program, ensure that a charter is established with clear objectives, deliverables and definitions of success; and that all stakeholders are aware of, and aligned with, scope and target milestones. Any divergences from agreed-upon scope or milestones are monitored and adjustments are made and communicated where necessary.
* Meeting Facilitation – Exhibit excellent facilitation skills in moderating all meetings, including sending agendas ahead of time, establishing clear objectives, taking notes, guiding the conversation and following up promptly on all action items.
* Portfolio Management - Work with stakeholders to ensure that the program’s product portfolio and its artifacts and assets (i.e. requirements and/ or spec docs, UX designs, architectural designs, etc.) are adequately defined and meet the development teams’ definition-of-ready for development prior to starting development.
* Reporting & Data Integrity - Create and distribute status dashboards and reports as needed and provide a reality check on optimistic projections to ensure reporting accuracy and consistency, and to identify risks early, allowing for prompt mitigation.
* Dependency Management - Owns all complex (multi-lateral) dependencies, working with Scrum Masters / Team Leads to track them and solve problems and remove impediments.
* Relationship Building – Builds and maintains strong relationships across the organization in support of overall program delivery.
* Program Level Activities – Lead program level events:
- Release Planning events to map out a credible plan for delivery, identifying dependencies and risks across teams and negotiating scope and timelines when necessary.
- Regular Steering Committee meetings for your programs.
* Team Participation - actively contribute to the cohesion and effectiveness of the program management team.
* Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology or other relevant discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 3 - 5 years of experience in Program/Project Management delivering technical solutions for internal teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting complex concepts and information to customers and senior management
* Excellent facilitation skills
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
* Previous experience working with and managing vendor relationships is a plus
* A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects