Product Delivery Program Manager, Security at Alteryx
Alteryx is searching for a Product Delivery Program Manager - Security inthe United States. This is a remote-friendly position.
The Product Delivery Program Manager is a servant leader within the Product and Engineering organization who is responsible for guiding teams through the product and software development lifecycles to deliver strategic product enhancements and outcomes. This individual will be responsible for integrating a security approach into product delivery by acting as a liaison with the business, assisting in the ongoing assessment of information security risk, ensuring security engineering is performed and that compliance controls are implemented and documented. Our program managers use exceptional soft skills to act as the glue that binds together product development efforts spanning multiple technology and operational teams to ensure they are effective, while minimizing waste and risk. The role requires strong business acumen, leadership, and a solid grounding in agile-lean software development practices.
Success in this role is dependent on an ability to drive outcomes and actionable recommendations by emphasizing team strengths to accelerate success while navigating friction and ambiguity. The ability to build trust with and influence senior management is essential. The ideal Program Manager will embody a unique blend of skills in strategic thinking, an eye for detail, artful communication, and the ability to simply lead teams to get stuff done.
This role is focused on the Security and Compliance areas of the program to ensure our systems and controls continue to be refined, communicated, and enforced across the key functions. This leader will be successful by instilling a compliance-forward attitude and collaboration mindset with the teams while achieving GDPR, SOC 2 and other industry-standard compliance levels. This role will work hand in hand with the Product Management, Engineering, Audit, InfoSec teams, and will work within our portfolio management and reporting framework.
- Strategic Execution - Realize Product and Engineering strategy by proactively helping teams pave the path from idea through launch while ensuring the highest level of outcomes. Make recommendations on how best to achieve strategy by making sure the team and organization understand desired goals, what success looks like and by ensuring there are clearly established priorities.
- Security Orchestration, Alignment and Communication - Simultaneously facilitate 3-5 programs within the security and compliance area while understanding how the program delivery complexities fit into the bigger product delivery vision. The Program Manager will be mainly responsible for the implementation of the security strategy for our cloud and on-prem systems. This will include planning and managing the timely delivery and operationalization of key security capabilities from the Product Management and Information Security Teams. This position centralizes coordination between the business, engineering, product development program managers, information security teams and other product managers on security, orchestrating progress from inception to delivery while ensuring alignment. Program managers act as the primary communication liaison for each program by facilitating critical conversations, taking responsibility for shared understanding of status and radiating that information in a consistent and consumable way to stakeholders. Program managers escalate and manage dependencies, issues and risks and ensure action plans are in place and collaborate with other departments to direct security compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolutions.
- Organizing for Success - For each program, ensure that a charter is established with clear objectives, resources, deliverables, and definitions of success; and that all stakeholders are aware of, and aligned with, scope and target milestones. Ensure that the team understands the plan and they are working to deliver on time to the agreed upon release plan. Ensure program level activities are well understood through a regular cadence of team and executive communications, program artifacts, metrics and processes.
- Meeting Facilitation - Demonstrate excellent facilitation skills in moderating meetings. Examples include engaging all participants to facilitate their best contribution, sending agendas ahead of time, establishing clear objectives, managing the process to realize these objectives, capturing key content, and following up promptly on all action items.
- Analytics and Tools - Using an understanding of business outcomes and the principles of effective delivery, leverage analytics to radiate actionable information throughout the organization from the team to executive level. Leverage tool capabilities to automate and simplify program activities. Act as the source of truth for the organization by ensuring reported information is evidence-based, accurate, complete, and consistent so that best next actions and decisions can be taken.
- Team Participation & Continuous Improvement - Actively contribute to the cohesion and effectiveness of the program management team by adding new ideas, sharing successes and failures, and showing up with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology or other relevant discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Program/Project Management in the field of information security, audit and/or risk and compliance management
- Proven ability to succeed in cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with various security and related risk frameworks (COBIT, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), FedRAMP, FIPS, etc.)
- Cloud security certification such as Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or Cloud Computing Architect (CCA) a plus
- Professional Cloud Certification(s) from Cloud Security Alliance, AWS, Google, Microsoft, or equivalent industry-standard / professional organizations a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience articulating security, privacy and compliance strategies and plans to stakeholders and senior management
- Excellent facilitation skills
- 3+ years of experience with software development life-cycle from conception to delivery
- Previous experience working with and managing vendor relationships is a plus
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $88,400 - $150,300. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.