Procurement Manager at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Procurement Manager will lead a team of buyers to assist all departments within the Company with procuring the goods and services necessary to operate their functional areas. These activities include identifying and providing all intake data for the set-up of new vendors; obtaining Form W-9's for vendors; providing ArcherDX/Invitae credit references to vendors; researching, evaluating, and buying products and services based on fit, quality, speed of delivery, price, and other factors; negotiating volume purchase discounts and other purchasing terms that are beneficial to the Company; coding purchase orders with the appropriate general ledger accounts and departments; researching vendor price and shipment discrepancies; assisting with financial statement audit requests related to purchasing; meeting with critical suppliers on a recurring cadence; collaborating with the Supply Planning team on forecasting needs; and preparing and maintaining current work instructions for all procurement job tasks.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Working closely with all departments to understand business needs, the types of goods and services to be procured, the timelines and deadlines for procurement of goods and services, and the budgets for such purchases.
- Manage supplier relationships to achieve corporate goals
- Building and leading a team of buyers in support of operational and business requirements across the Company, specifically for the Oncology Division.
- Partnering with Supply Planning on forecasting requirements and anticipation of potential shortages and requirements.
- Prioritizing the creation of purchase orders to ensure goods and services are delivered timely and critical operational deadlines are met.
- Maintaining and enforcing the Approved Supplier List for In Vitro Device (IVD) purchases.
- Supporting the Director of Supply Chain as and when assigned and appropriate, on all auditing procedures, processes and requirements, including maintaining current work instructions
- Perform duties to mitigate the risk of the supply chain
- Performing ad hoc projects and prepares ad hoc reports as directed by the Director of Supply Chain.
- Serving as the purchasing system super user/SME
- Reviewing, understanding, and complying with Invitae HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by Invitae for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 5+ years' experience in purchasing/procurement, preferably with international operations and including the negotiation of purchasing terms, such as volume purchase discounts, payment terms, etc., with vendors
- Experience with manufacturing and life science companies is desired
- Prior experience with purchasing ERP modules is required; experience with ERP system migration/implementation and ability to learn new systems is desired, Oracle preferred
- Solid knowledge of purchasing processes and internal controls
- Understanding of the interface between purchasing and accounting; and ability to code purchases
- Accuracy with general ledger and department codes
- A passion for the details and an ability to explain them
- Natural curiosity and desire to drive continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail and process
- Demonstrated ability to document and improve processes
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.) and proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Honesty, integrity, and high ethical standards
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or similar
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $90,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.