Procurement Manager at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Procurement Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Are you a strategic Procurement professional looking to elevate your skills on a Global scale? The Procurement Manager will collaborate with key business partners internally and externally to create more value for Prologis by leveraging the Company’s scale to aggregate goods & services and negotiate favorable deals that reduce costs while improving the quality of purchased goods and services. In this wide-ranging and strategic role, you will have an opportunity to deliver savings and value globally. If Procurement is your passion and the fast-paced, growing industry of E-Commerce excites you, apply today!
What’s needed in order to do that:
Develop a deep understanding of various categories to deliver successful projects, including: structure of the supply chain, cost drivers, key players in the supply marketplace and their go-to-market operating models.
- Conduct supply market analysis using standard methodology models (SWOT, Porter’s 5 Forces, etc.) to understand and demonstrate opportunities and potential risks.
- Drive the execution of multiple sourcing projects by identifying customer and operational needs; communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Identify performance standards, remove barriers and obstacles that impact performance; develop contingency plans; demonstrate flexibility and supporting continuous learning.
- Establish and/or improve procurement programs with strategic suppliers for assigned categories to aggregate and demonstrate buying power, consolidate and standardize items and suppliers, improve service levels and accountability, and increase compliance to standards.
- Understand the needs of partners, jointly develop clear requirements, set and handle accurate expectations.
- Travel as needed (10%-20% domestically and internationally) to meet business objectives.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 3-10 years of work experience including some sourcing and procurement experience such as supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, program development and stakeholder management. Bachelor's Degree (supply chain / logistics and/or Business Management preferred)
- Shown success in leading complex projects and categories, reducing TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), delivering significant savings, mitigating risks and improving service levels.
- Proven success in leading and collaborating in complex cross functional teams
- Analytical skills, problem solving, logical and methodical problem solver.
- Communication skills: Proactively engage business partners, building relationships, interacting with senior level executives authoritatively.
- Demonstrates integrity & builds trust: Promote, practice, and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Strong professionalism – calm, organized, dependable, positive attitude and vigilant.
- Excellent in Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong math and cost modeling skills.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time