Guild is hiring for a Principal within its Marketplace Policy & Payments Partnerships team, who will own the day-to-day strategic account management for Guild’s education benefit management and payments platform, one of the company’s fastest-growing and most vital business segments.
As a Principal within Marketplace Policy & Payments Partnerships, you will develop strong relationships internally, with Guild’s new and existing Fortune 1000 employer partners and top-tier academic partners, and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the benefit management and payments system across the Guild marketplace. The benefit management and payments platform is a highly cross-functional system, incorporating technology, payment strategy, policy and process to manage tuition and reimbursement benefits for tens of thousands of Guild students. You will develop an expertise in the workflows and needs of Guild and Guild’s partners, identify opportunities for process and policy improvements, feed new value-creating solutions back to our internal teams, thereby enabling the support Guild students need to succeed in their academic programs. This role will report to Chris Mason, VP of Marketplace Policy & Payments Partnerships.
As a Principal, Marketplace Policy & Payments Partnerships you will:
- Serve as the primary liaison for academic and employer partners on areas related to education benefit program & policy strategy and design, education benefits administration, and tuition facilitation, including systems improvements and troubleshooting
- Partner with our Sales, Client Success, Technical Program Management, Marketplace Delivery, and Product teams to define program and technical requirements; drive the onboarding and launch of new partners; and support ongoing management of employer and academic partners in Guild’s payments platform, while ensuring contractual requirements are met
- Champion key process improvement projects that benefit Guild’s internal and external stakeholders, including conducting robust change management planning with documentation, communications, etc.
- Earn trust and increase partner satisfaction through data, insights, and solutions
- Collaborate with our data engineers, product managers, finance, and operating teams to brainstorm approaches and solutions for more scalable outcomes
- Partner with Client Success and Business Operations to help develop and refine short-term and long-term forecasts for benefits budget reviews
- Ensure Guild and our partners have aligned expectations on benefits administration and customer service and that compliance expectations are fully met
- Manage a team of individual contributors, facilitating their professional development while ensuring we are efficiently executing on Guild’s core priorities
In addition to working closely with other members of the Marketplace Policy and Payments Partnerships team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jonathan Crimins, Senior Director of Technical Program Management & Marketplace Delivery, Mae Podesta, SVP of Marketplace Operations and Payments Strategy, Jamie Masterson, Director of Product, Payments Platform, and Chandler Koglmeier, VP of Product, Learning Marketplace.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business or similarly related field
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Organization with a high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level progress and small details
- A structured, analytical, systems and process-oriented thinker who can simplify and present complex problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner, review existing products & processes, identify gaps and opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and debate issues to identify the best possible outcome
- Commitment to understanding technical matters outside own area of expertise
- Ability to take data-driven approach to partner management to increase satisfaction
- A plus would be experience in either the higher education industry (financial aid, higher ed regulations) or legal industry (tax, education, corporate, benefits)
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.