Omni Project Manager Senior - Omni background required for this role at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The role of the FIS Omni Application Services Provider (ASP) is to host FIS developed applications for customers in FIS datacenters. FIS Omni applications including Omni Plus, AdminWeb, Omni Trade, Trade Web, Omni Link, Omni IVR (to include Pay Voice), Omni OWS, Omni Payments (to include Pay Web and Payee Web), Omni Workflow and Omni Data Validation Web. Services include the hosting and support of Omni applications on Windows, AIX and Linux platforms, monitoring and execution of job schedules / nightly cycles, application upgrades and 24 x 7 production support. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Project Manager Senior – The Project Manager is a member of the Omni Application Services Provider (ASP) team. You will be responsible for all aspects of assigned projects which primarily include new system implementations, Data Center migrations, application upgrades and integration projects for the Omni suite of products running in our ASP environment. The Project Management role will involve day-to-day interaction with customers to establish timelines and expectations, coordinate with various resources to facilitate provisioning servers, installation of applications, opening firewalls between applications, establishing secure file transfer (SFTP) processes and working with wide area network (WAN) resources to establish virtual private connections between the customer and the FIS data center.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery for ASP hosted applications and infrastructure.
• Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
• Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Interacts with the customer, professional services, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• May include customizing base processes to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
• Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
• Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
• Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.