Localization Programs Lead
Localization Programs Lead
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 500,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems at scale, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, contributes to the local community, and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation, great benefits and perks, an on-site gym, and one of the finest teams anywhere.
Overview of the position
As the Localization Programs Lead, you will be integral in Scaled Agile’s initiative to help the world’s largest enterprises achieve business agility.
This is a new position within a small, high-performing team— and perfect for an out-of-the-box leader who can drive the strategic development and repeatable processes of our global localization strategy.
As a collaborative, focused leader, you understand how to design localized customer experiences, data-driven tests to determine impact and adoption, and can work across multiple mediums including web, video, e-learning, certification, and marketing collateral.
Your work will span all aspects of Scaled Agile’s growing business and you’ll interact daily with product managers, product owners, subject matter experts, and vendors. There will be competing initiatives and it will be up to you to help us design and prioritize our portfolio’s backlog.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, proven leader who wants to work on a global scale and provide world-class customer experiences regardless of geolocation.
What you’ll do:
- Establish strong working relationships with content owners, product managers, and subject matter experts to develop Scaled Agile’s localization strategy
- Spearhead the localization process for multiple regions including APAC, EMEA, and the Americas
- Partner with global leads to identify, design, and execute localization tests to gauge the overall business value of specific markets and mediums
- Develop repeatable processes to localize content including websites, marketing material, e-learning, certification, and video
- Source and manage subject matter experts and localization vendors
- Provide thought leadership by identifying areas for growth and improvement to boost our adoption in target markets.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of experience developing and executing a localization strategy in a fast-paced global environment
- Expertise in creating repeatable processes to localize content such as web, video, e-learning, courseware, certification, and marketing collateral
- Proven leadership and execution skills in building cross-functional relationships with team leads
- Ability to manage country-specific subject matter experts and localization vendors
- Strong grasp of business analysis and strategic planning, including making data-driven decisions
- Incredible organization and attention to detail
- A rock star in overseeing multiple complex projects with competing stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework
- Familiar with Agile practices
- Experience working with a learning and development organization and instructional designers
- Knowledge of adult learning and making english materials more consumable for those where english is a second language
- Experience working in APAC, EMEA, and Americas.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience working with partner networks and enterprise sales teams
- Ability to help lead the overall internationalization strategy and product development and help the business prioritize translation funds for maximum impact.
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, Colorado.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development and in helping organizations transform into Lean-Agile enterprises. This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on methodologies, and are always thinking about how to improve things.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable and we're Agile.
If you want to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business, we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. Yep, we actually still read cover letters.